Our Instant Pot Italian Meatballs are an extremely easy recipe to throw together when dinner is not something you want to put a lot of effort into. Plus you can make them with some pasta or throw them on a sub bun and broil them for the perfect sub.
Since this recipe is so versatile, you can make it exactly how your family likes it, allowing for those picky eaters to enjoy the meal along with the family too!
If you are not sure what you can make with these meatballs take a look at these recipes like our Easy Homemade French Bread Recipe (perfect for those subs or to dip in the sauce!), Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks Recipe, or the meatballs are always good with our Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes.
Ingredients Needed For Our Easy Instant Pot Italian Meatballs:
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Tomato puree
- Petite diced tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Fresh basil leaves
- Frozen meatballs
How To Make Our Easy Instant Pot Italian Meatballs:
Begin by getting out your Instant Pot and Pressing the SAUTE button to heat up the inner pot.
Then, add in the olive oil to the bottom of the pan.
After the oil is hot, add in the minced garlic and stir it for about a minute.
Now, add in the tomato puree, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and basil, and mix everything together and sprinkle the mixture with salt.
Next, dump the frozen meatballs into the sauce and stir everything up so the meatballs are covered in the sauce.
Once the meatballs are covered, press cancel, then place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button, setting the timer for 7 minutes.
When the timer is done, do a quick release by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
Once all the pressure has escaped the Instant Pot, remove the lid and stir.
Now just serve them on your pasta or sub bun and enjoy!
To Make Marinara With Frozen Meatballs You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Serving spoon
Meal Planning Made Easy
“I have so much time!”
-No mom ever
Let us give you your time back. With the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans, we do the dinner planning, grocery ordering, and then all you have to do is decide whether to pick them up or have them delivered.
With thousands of recipes right at your fingertips, you will find so many delicious dishes that your family can enjoy together.
Available on iOs, Google Play Store, and Desktop!
Prepare Your Own Meatballs
If you have never made your own meatballs, you really ought to try! They are rather simple to make and are extremely tasty.
You can use this easy homemade meatball recipe from The Spruce Eats if you are looking for an easy recipe to try. You might find you like them even more than the frozen ones. 😉
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
Easy Instant Pot Recipes To Make Next!
- Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce [Pressure Cooker Recipe]
- The BEST Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Instant Pot Panera Copycat White Cheesy Shells Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Italian Meatballs Recipe
- ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 28 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 28 ounces tomato puree
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 26 ounces frozen meatballs
- Turn on Instant Pot and press SAUTE button.
- Add the oil to the bottom of the pot and let it heat up.
- Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add in tomato puree, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Sprinkle the salt on top. Stir in basil.
- Dump the meatballs into the sauce and stir so that all the meatballs are covered in sauce. Press cancel to cancel the saute function.
- Place lid on pot and press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 7 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before it starts the countdown cook timer.
- Once it is finished cooking, do a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid and stir.
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)