Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice is so flavorful and one of those easy recipes where you can make the beef and rice all in the Instant Pot.
Since this recipe can all be made in the Instant Pot (yes even the rice) at the same time, it cuts down on the amount of dishes that you will have to do.
Also, since most of the ingredients can already be found in your pantry it makes this a very budget-friendly recipe.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Try our skillet version of Korean Beef and Rice.
Related Recipe: Try another Instant Pot favorite, our Instant Pot Beef and Rice Pilaf with Vegetables!
What to serve with Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice?
This recipe will go great with our Baked Asian Zucchini recipe, and some fantastic Cream Cheese Wontons.
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice:
- Sesame oil
- Lean ground beef
- Minced garlic
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Ground ginger
- Crushed red peppers
- Beef broth
- White rice
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds (optional)
How To Make IP Korean Beef and Rice:
Get out your Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button and wait for the inner pot to heat up.
Then add in the sesame oil and let it heat up for a minute.
Now, add the ground beef and minced garlic inner pot and let it cook for about 5 minutes, until the beef is MOSTLY browned but still a little pink.
Next, add in the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes (remember you are choosing how spicy you want this dish based on how much you put in!).
Mix everything together well and be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to avoid receiving the BURN error during the cooking process.
Once that is done, pour over the beef broth but DO NOT mix it in.
Now, press the CANCEL button to turn off the SAUTE function.
Next, place the trivet in the pot right on top of the cooked beef.
Using a strainer of your choosing, rinse the rice until the cool water runs clear.
Then, in an oven safe pan that fits into the Instant Pot, add in the rice, water, butter and salt and mix it all together. (I like to use a 7 inch cake pan that is about 3 inches deep for this.)
Once that is put in the Instant Pot, place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to the SEALING position and press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 7 minutes.
The Instant Pot will take about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure and then the 7 minute timer will appear.
After the timer is done, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release for 8 minutes then turn the valve to the VENTING position to release any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and use oven mitts to take the pan out of the Instant Pot.
Fluff the rice with a fork and mix up the beef mixture.
Now just serve the Korean beef over the rice and top it with the diced green onions and sesame seeds.
To Make This Instant Pot Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot
- Wooden spoon/spatula
- Strainer (or anything to rise rice)
- 7 inch pan (any oven safe pan that fits in the Instant Pot, I like THIS one)
- Oven mitts
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Spice Up Your Menu With These Asian Dishes:
- Korean BBQ Chicken and Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos Recipe
- Korean BBQ Pork with Crunchy Wontons
- Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 ½ cups white rice uncooked
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 green onions diced
- sesame seeds optional topping
- Push the SAUTE button and wait for the pot to heat up. Add in the sesame oil.
- Add in the ground beef and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until it's mostly not pink anymore. We don't want to fully cook it.
- Add in the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.Mix well. Scrape the bottom of the pot so that you don't get a BURN error.
- Pour the beef broth on top, but don't mix it in.
- Cancel the SAUTE function.
- Place the trivet in the pot, right over the beef.
- Rinse rice under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- In an oven safe pan that fits in your Instant Pot (I used a 7-inch cake pan that is 3 inches deep and fits perfectly in my 6 quart Instant Pot), add rice, water, butter, and salt. Mix together.
- Place lid on pot and press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 7 minutes.
- Allow 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before it starts the countdown cook timer.
- Once it is finished cooking, do a natural release of the pressure for 8 minutes. Remove the lid.
- Wearing oven mitts, remove the pan of rice. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Mix the Korean beef. Serve over rice topped with diced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews