Our Chicken Zucchini Casserole is always a hit with our families – everyone loves it and it has amazing flavor! It’s a great recipe for those busy weeknights when you need something the entire family will like.
I actually made this casserole earlier in the day by preparing it according to the recipe below and then kept it in my fridge until it was time to bake it that evening. This gave the zucchini slices time to marinate and it was even more delicious than normal!
The zucchini cooks perfectly tender and the sauce with the creamy chicken was so delicious.
If you love this Chicken Zucchini Casserole, then you’ll for sure want to try our White Chicken Enchiladas Casserole. It’s one of our favorites!! You can also make this a low carb chicken zucchini casserole by making a few modifications – it’ll be your new go-to low carb recipe.
If you’re looking for new recipes, this is a great one to start with. It’s definitely going to go on a recipe card for your book! It has a wonderful flavor and you’ll be thinking about it time and time again for those busy weeknight dinners. Even picky eaters love this tender chicken recipe! It’s a family favorite for us, and it’s also a budget-friendly casserole.
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)! Your chicken dinners just got a lot more exciting.
How to make Chicken Zucchini Casserole:
This easy casserole recipe can be made in 10 minutes or less, especially if you have chicken that is already cooked.
I love using a rotisserie chicken from the deli for this recipe to save me time and add a savory flavor. It makes an easy dinner even easier! You can also use chicken thighs if you would like. No matter the type of chicken you use, the whole family will be happy. It’s one of our favorite zucchini recipes to make in late summer!
You can make this casserole in the amount of time it takes for your oven to heat up, so let’s get started!
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and melted butter. Mix until well combined and then set 1/2 cup of it aside to use later as a topping.
Step 2: Add zucchini, cooked chicken, Mozzarella cheese, cream of chicken soup, onion and sour cream to the large bowl with the stuffing and mix until combined.
Step 3: Spread zucchini mixture in an even layer in a 9×13-inch glass pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 4: Sprinkle reserved stuffing mix on top and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through and the top is golden brown.
Related recipe: If you love this chicken zucchini casserole, you’ll love our chicken broccoli casserole, too.
Supplies needed to make this Chicken Zucchini recipe:
- Large glass mixing bowl: I use this glass bowl for just about everything! It’s big enough to use to make cookie doughs or cake batters in but looks good enough to use as a serving bowl for salads.
- 9×13-inch glass baking dish: I have used this same pan since I received it for my wedding over 10 years ago. It washes up so nicely in the dish washer and I love that it has a lid for easy storage and transport.
- Rubber spatula: These are the best rubber spatulas for cleaning the sides of a bowl. They are heat resistant, stain resistant and can be thrown in the dishwasher to be cleaned.
The best homemade casserole recipes:
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Pesto Chicken Casserole
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Taco Casserole
- Million Dollar Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Zucchini Taco Casserole
Chicken Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- 6 ounces boxed stuffing mix (such as Stove Top)
- ½ cup butter melted
- 4 diced zucchini (about 4-5 cups of bite size pieces)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced into small pieces
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese optional
- 10 ½ ounces canned cream of chicken soup
- ½ onion diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and melted butter. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture for topping.
- Add zucchini, cooked chicken, Mozzarella cheese, cream of chicken soup, onion and sour cream to the stuffing in the large bowl.
- Spread zucchini mixture in an even layer in a 9 x 13 inch glass pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle reserved stuffing mix on top and bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- If you would like to add more seasoning, you can use garlic powder, parmesan cheese, green onions, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. If you don't have zucchini, you can use yellow squash instead.
- Try using a rotisserie chicken from the deli for this recipe to save time and add a savory flavor.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Questions & Reviews