Our mom made this Chicken Broccoli Casserole recipe frequently for Sunday dinner and whenever I smell it cooking, it always takes me back to her kitchen on a peaceful Sunday afternoon.
There are some recipes on our blog that are tried-and-true favorites from our childhood and this recipe is one of them.
If you have picky eaters who don’t love vegetables, this is a recipe that you need to try. The cheesy sauce mixed with the cooked broccoli is pretty delicious.
Make sure you have these ingredients to make this Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
- Fresh mushrooms
- Provolone cheese
- Use 1/2 cup sour cream in place of half of the mayonnaise
- Water chestnuts
- Cream of Broccoli soup instead of Cream of Chicken soup
- Cheddar cheese soup instead of Cream of Chicken soup
- Top with French fried onions instead of bread crumbs
- Top with corn flakes instead of bread crumbs. We always serve this casserole with baked potatoes, but it’s also delicious with mashed potatoes or cooked rice.