Let’s talk about vegetables. Do you ever find yourself at the end of the day and realize you didn’t have one vegetable throughout the day!? Or do you have picky kids who might not like eating vegetables? In this case I have a very super husband which is basically like one of my kids haha.
I have been trying to incorporate more vegetables into our meals to help everyone get in their daily vegetables. This recipe is PERFECT for sneaking them in and packing them with flavor. Serve this up with your favorite taco toppings and you’ll have a new taco Tuesday (or any day of the week!) favorite!
What’s in Zucchini Taco Casserole?
This recipe is great because you can add just about any vegetables or taco ingredients that you want. Here’s what we used, and a few suggestions for substituting!
- Ground Turkey – you can totally substitute ground beef if that’s the taco meat you prefer. My husband personally hates ground turkey so I’ve made this with both.
- Yellow Onion
- Cooked Quinoa – cooked brown or white rice can also be substituted. You’ll want to keep the measurement the same, so it will be about two cups of cooked rice.
- Chopped zucchini
- Red Pepper
- Black beans – you can add pinto beans if you prefer those instead!
- Salsa – use your favorite salsa! We usually stick with mild, but if you want to add a little spice, go ahead and add a medium or hot salsa.
- Taco Seasoning – we usually just buy this in order to save on time, but if you have a good homemade recipe, that works great too. You’ll want about 2 Tablespoons.
Related Article: Still can’t get enough zucchini? Try our Chicken Zucchini Casserole!
Health benefits of quinoa
We don’t use quinoa in a lot of recipes, and honestly I’m not sure why! After seeing how quick and easy it was to cook up a few cups, I think I will be incorporating it into my recipes more often.
Here are some of the health benefits of quinoa:
- High in fiber
- Good source of protein
- Gluten free
- Great source of iron and magnesium
- Contains antioxidants
Zucchini Recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Need to use up some zucchini from your garden? Here are a few of our favorite recipes!
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video, we’re showing you how to meal prep another delicious taco recipe! Watch us make our Healthy Taco Salads in this Monday’s edition of Meal Prep Monday!