One of my family’s favorite recipes is our White Chicken Enchiladas. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with enchiladas . . . I love how good they taste, but not too thrilled with how much time it takes to put them together.
A while ago I used that same idea and turned those White Chicken Enchiladas into a casserole. The outcome was a smashing success! My kids devoured their dinner and it took me a fraction of the time to prepare!
If you are looking for a great family dinner, then look no further than this white chicken enchilada casserole.
Do you love easy and delicious casseroles? Here are more of our favorites:
WE HAVE MANY MORE WONDERFUL CHICKEN RECIPES THAT ARE EASY AND YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE. SOME OF OUR BEST REVIEWED RECIPES ARE HONEY LIME CHICKEN ENCHILADAS, MOM’S SECRET RECIPE – GRILLED 7UP CHICKEN, AND PARMESAN SESAME CHICKEN STRIPS WITH MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE.
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)!
Ingredients for White Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
White chicken enchilada ingredients:
- Chicken breasts
- Cream of chicken soup
- Green chilis
- Sour cream
- Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper
- Tortilla Chips
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- (optional toppings)
Kitchen items needed to make white chicken enchilada casserole:
How do you make this delicious white chicken enchilada casserole?
Begin by heating the oven to 350 degrees so it can preheat while you assemble the casserole.
In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked diced chicken chunks, cream of chicken soup, canned chilis, sour cream, diced onions, milk, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Set aside for a few minutes.
Spray the 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
Place chips in the bottom of the pan and spread evenly to cover the bottom.
Carefully spoon the chicken mixture over the chips.
Top with shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
You can serve this with your favorite toppings. We like to top it with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and hot sauce.
Tips and tricks for this white chicken enchilada casserole
- We love to simplify this casserole by using a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It adds a lot of delicious flavor and makes this simple recipe even easier!
- This is an easy recipe to double if you need to take a meal to a friend or neighbor in need. Can easily be made in a foil disposable pan.
- You can make the chicken mixture the night before. Then come home from work and assemble it all together and bake until heated through. SO easy!
An amazing chicken recipe you need to see:
We have a wonderful YouTube channel that we post new Instant Pot recipes to every Monday! Our tried and true recipes are perfect for beginners and those trying to please a picky eater. You are going to want to make sure you check out this lusciously flavorful Fast and Easy Chicken Zucchini Casserole.
Make this casserole your own
You can add whatever enchilada toppings you like. Here are a few suggestions:
- Diced avocados
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Green onions
More chicken recipes to try
- Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan
- Cheddar Baked Chicken
- Chicken Crescent Casserole
- Avocado Chicken Enchiladas
White Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces diced green chilies 2 (4 ounce cans), drained
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ½ onion finely diced
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce optional topping
- 2 tomatoes diced, optional topping
- 2 avocados diced, optional topping
- ½ cup Hot Sauce optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked diced chicken, cream of chicken soup, chilis, sour cream, diced onion, milk, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chips in the bottom of the baking pan and spoon chicken mixture over chips.
- Top with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomato, salsa, avocado, hot sauce).
- Optional toppings are included in nutritional information
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.