Mashed potatoes are a good that can heal my soul and thus cheesy ranch potatoes recipe always hits the spot best. The flavor is unmatched and absolutely the best baked cheesy ranch potatoes recipe you will find.
If anyone asks me what my favorite side dish is I immediately answer with this tasty recipe. Once you try it, you will understand.
Not to mention that this recipe is always a hit with my husband and kids because they absolutely love cheese and potatoes so it is right up their alley. They ask for these all the time.
While these are truly some of the best potatoes I’ve ever had, they are not the only ones because well we live potatoes in all forms. My family loves our cheesy hashbrown potato casserole, Mom’s sweet potatoes recipe, and of course the classic slow cooker creamy mashed potatoes too!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Cheesy Ranch Potatoes Recipe:
- Large russet potatoes
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Yellow onion
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Ranch dressing mix
- Green onion
How To Make Our Cheesy Ranch Potatoes Recipe:
Start by washing the potatoes well and then pie wing them with a fork in several places.
Once that is done for all the potatoes, place them in the microwave and heat them up for 10 minutes on high.
When they are done, remove them from the microwave and let them cook down slightly.
While they are cooling, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 11×7 pan.
Now in a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and sour cream and use a hand mixer to beat them together until they are nice and smooth.
When they are creamy, add the diced yellow onion, half of the cheese, half of the bacon bits, and salt and continue mixing it all together.
After the potatoes have cooled slightly, cut them in half and use a spoon to remove the white flesh of the potatoes from the skin, and mash it up in a medium mixing bowl.
Once they are mashed, add them to the cream cheese mixture and mix it all together.
Now stir in the milk and ranch dressing mix and combine it all together.
Next spread the potato mixture out evenly in the prepared pan and place it in the oven and bake it uncovered for 30 minutes.
When the timer is done, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining cheese, bacon, and green onion and place it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Then just serve it immediately with dinner or dig in with a fork. 😉
To Make Our Cheesy Baked Potatoes You Will Need:
- 11×7 baking pan (THIS is a great one!)
- Nonstick spray
- Hand mixer
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
How to Transform This Recipe Into the KFC Famous Bowl
I personally LOVE the KFC Famous bowl. It is just so good!! All the cheeses, corn, mashed potatoes. Ah so delicious.
Well with this baked potatoes recipe instead of putting the cheese on right away, you can make your own homemade popcorn chicken recipe from Lil’ Luna and make your own famous bowl casserole.
Once the potatoes are done, pour on some warmed-up canned gravy, sprinkle on a can of drained corn, spread the popcorn chicken out evenly, and then top it off with the remaining cheese, bacon bits, and green onion.
Then just place it back in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted, and bam you have yourself a delicious famous bowl casserole!
Looking for more side dishes? Here are 60 of our favorite Christmas Dinner Sides to eat with Beef Tenderloin!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Want More Flavorful, Buttery, and Creamy Potato Recipes? Then Take a Look at These Fantastic Recipes!
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Mom’s Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Potatoes
- Best Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes Casserole
- Au Gratin Cheesy Potato Bake
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
Cheesy Ranch Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese divided
- 5 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- Wash and pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Microwave on high 10 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl; beat until smooth.
- Add yellow onion, half of the cheese, half of the bacon bits and salt. Mix well.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half. Scoop out pulp and mash potatoes.
- Then add to the cream cheese mixture. Beat with a mixer. Stir in milk, dry ranch dressing mix, and mix well.
- Spread potato mixture in prepared pan. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, bacon pieces, and green onions.
- Bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
- I have only made this in the oven, however, you could make this in the slow cooker. You will definitely want to spray the oven with non stick cooking spray, or use a slow cooker liner, but it would work.
- 11×7 baking dish
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Hand mixer
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.