One of the things I love most about the Instant Pot is that it’s an energy efficient kitchen tool. Along with that, it doesn’t heat my kitchen up the way my oven does.
During the summer, keeping the house cool can be a battle. But, our families still want tasty food at the end of the day!
These Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Potatoes will be a hit, plus you’ll be happy that you didn’t have to sweat in the kitchen all evening.
How to make Bacon Ranch Potatoes:
Chop your potatoes into small chunks, approximately 1 inch cubes. Then cut the bacon (uncooked) into small pieces.
Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot and add the bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until crispy.
Add potatoes, dried parsley, garlic powder, and salt. Pour in 1/3 cup of water.
Lock the lid in place and turn the knob to sealing. Push the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button. Set for 7 minutes at high pressure.
When done cooking, quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid. Add ranch dressing and cheese. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.
What to Prep for bacon ranch potatoes:
First of all, when it comes to prep work, having a quality chef’s knife is important. My chef’s knife is my go-to kitchen tool. I couldn’t live without it.
A good knife will make chopping potatoes and cutting bacon a quick and easy job. Cutting the potatoes uniformly into 1 inch cubes will make sure your potatoes come out just right – not undercooked or overcooked.
The other great thing about this recipe is that after everything is in the Instant Pot, you’re able to work on other parts of the meal while the potatoes cook.
Need to adjust the recipe?
Here are a few ways you might consider adjusting/adding to the recipe:
- Use Greek yogurt mixed with dry Ranch mix for a healthier option
- Use the Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Top with chopped green onions
- Cook additional bacon for adding on top – great way to finish the dish, especially when serving guests
- Try Jalapeño Bacon Ranch (it’s a thing!) for added flavor
Where to serve this dish:
This dish is a great option for so many things.
- It’s a kid favorite!
- Perfect for taking to a potluck. Use the Keep Warm setting so it’s ready to serve.
- Great addition when hosting a family party. Double the recipe if needed (double ingredients, but keep cooking time the same).
- Yummy side dish for a backyard BBQ.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE Instant Pot easy potato salad here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them. Check out our Youtube video for this Instant Pot Potato Salad.
be sure to check out this easy recipe for instant pot hard boiled eggs (5-5-5 method). You’ll never go back to boiling water for your eggs! It’s amazing!
Looking for more potato recipes?
You might like some of these:
Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes yellow or red
- 3 bacon strips
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- Chop potatoes into small chunks, approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Cut the bacon (uncooked) into small pieces.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and add bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until crispy.
- Add in potatoes, dried parsley, salt, and garlic powder.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and turn the knob to SEALING. Push the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button. Set the timer (or arrow up) for 7 minutes.
- When done cooking, turn the knob to VENTING (or quick release) and wait for it to un-pressurize. Carefully open the lid.
- Add cheese and ranch dressing. Stir to combine and serve.
- Instant Pot
CHECK OUT OUR NEW COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!