With summer in full bloom, it’s time for another berry dessert! I personally love strawberry cheesecake, so this berry cheesecake trifle is a wonderful take on a traditional cheesecake recipe.
As if this berry dessert trifle could not get any better, this recipe doesn’t even require turning on an oven.
What is a trifle?
A trifle is actually a dish from Great Britain. It is usually a cold dessert made with sponge cake and fruit and then covered with layers of cream and/or jelly.
We LOVE how easy trifle desserts are to make – the hardest part is just assembling it all together in a trifle bowl.
I like to use a glass bowl when I make a trifle because then you can see all the layers that make up the dessert.
If you love trifles, you need to check out our other favorite trifle recipes:
- Chocolate Caramel Brownie Trifle
- Lemon Blueberry Trifle
- Peach Crisp Trifle
- Ice Cream Sundae Trifle
- Brownie Trifle
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup Trifles
- 4th of July Patriotic Berry Trifle
ingredients needed to make Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- Fresh strawberries
- Lemon juice
- Strawberry pie filling
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- Angel food cake
Related Article: Our No Bake Mini Oreo Cheesecakes only have THREE Ingredients!
How to make Berry Cheesecake Trifle
I promise you the list of ingredients is longer than the instructions, so let’s get started!
Step 1: Make sure that your fresh strawberries have been washed, hulled, and sliced.
Step 2: Mix together prepared strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and strawberry pie filling and mix until completely combined. After that has been done, set it aside, we will use it later.
Step 3: In another large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, and Cool Whip until everything is incorporated. Once everything is mixed well, set this bowl aside too.
Step 4: Now, open up your premade angel food cake. We are going to cut the angel food cake into small cubes. Do this with the whole package of angel food cake.
Step 5: Start off by spreading half of the angel food cake in the bottom of the trifle bowl or serving dish. Do this as evenly as possible to get the best results.
Step 6: Top the angel food with half of the cream cheese mixture. You’ll want to use a spatula to spread this around evenly as best as you can.
Step 7: Once the cream cheese mixture has been evenly spread out, top it with half of the strawberry pie mix. Again, spread and even layer of the berry mix.
Repeat steps 5-7 and your Berry Cheesecake Trifle is ready to serve!
Pro tips to know
- The trifle will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
- Make sure to cover it with saran wrap or tin foil to keep from exposing the dessert and having it dry out
- You can use any flavor pie filling and add whatever fruit you’d like. Both blueberry and raspberry are wonderful options.
WANT TO ADD MORE FINISHING TOUCHES?
- Crush up some graham crackers and sprinkle it on top (just before serving to avoid them getting soggy)
- Get canned whipped cream and sliced strawberries for a special finish
- Add some marshmallows to the top
If you love this Berry Cheesecake Trifle, you go crazy over our delicious Layered Cherry Cheesecake. It’s so easy to make and tastes amazing!
MORE TO CHECK OUT
Did you know that we have a YouTube Channel? We walk you through a DELICIOUS tried and true recipe step-by-step that even your pickiest eater will love!
CHEESECAKE RECIPES FOR EVERY DAY
- Lion House Restaurant-Style Cheesecake
- Easy No-Bake Cheesecake
- No-Bake Fluffy Blueberry Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake
- Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
Berry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
- 2 pints fresh strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 21 ounces strawberry pie filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Whipped Topping thawed
- 1 angel food cake (cut into cubes)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and pie filling; set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, milk, pudding mix and Cool Whip; set aside.
- Cut your angel food cake into cubes (about 1 inch) and set aside.
- Assemble your trifle by spreading half of the angel food cake in the bottom of your trifle bowl or serving dish.
- Top angel food cake with half of the cream mixture.
- Spread on half of the berry mixture on top of the cream mixture.
- Repeat all steps.
- Store trifle in the refrigerator until served. Stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
WANT TO HAVE MORE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS??
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!