Growing up, we didn’t drink a lot of soda or sugary drinks. However, when we did, we all loved when our mom bought Strawberry Lemonade.
We all loved and still to this day, love the combination of strawberry and lemon.
This dessert was inspired by my childhood, because the flavor combination is out of this world.
It only takes a few minutes to come together and has the most amazing flavor. You are going to love this simple and delicious dessert.
It is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, and will definitely be a crowd favorite this spring/summer.
A delicious strawberry cake base with gooey lemon filling and creamy lemon frosting.
do these freeze well?
This recipe is best when made and eaten within the same day, or few days.
However, if you have leftovers, and want to save them for a rainy day, these do freeze extremely well.
We recommend putting them in a ziplock bag, or in an airtight container for freezing, but they do freeze very well.
could i use a different cake mix?
For this recipe, you could easily use a different cake mix. A lemon cake mix would also be very delicious still, because it would still be more sweet than tart.
You could also use a cherry chip cake mix, and that would still taste very delicious with the lemon.
White cake mix has a little bit different consistency, but I am sure it would still be a yummy combination with the lemon frosting.
watch how to make another one of our favorite cake mix recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins, here:
looking for more cake mix recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Coconut Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Orange Crush Cupcakes
- The Best Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars
- Strawberry Cake Bars Recipe
- Cake Mix Grasshopper Sandwich Cookies
Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Bars Recipe
For The Base:
- 15¼ ounce strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 egg slightly beaten
For The Center/Frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (add more if needed)
- 3-5 drops yellow food coloring
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg until well combined, press in the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and butter. Add enough lemon juice to form the consistency of thick frosting - about 1-2 Tablespoons.
- Mix in cream cheese and yellow food coloring until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture to use later as frosting.
- Add eggs to the remaining frosting mixture and beat until fluffy.
- Spread on top of cake mix in the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely, then spread remaining frosting mixture on top.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!