We’ve been watching a lot of playoffs lately (it feels like every sport is having “big games” – at least that’s what my husband says!), and I’m going to be honest – the only part of “watching the game” I like is the food. I’m all about the soda pop, chicken wings, and delicious appetizers. These carne asada fries are LOADED with goodness, and they would make the perfect Super Bowl snack!
But.. you don’t only have to have these for the big game day! We are making these this year for Father’s Day and to just go with our BBQ meals in the summer!
How to Make Baked Carne Asada Fries
- Don’t be intimidated by this recipe! It really is a lot easier that you think!
First, I would HIGHLY suggest grabbing a Ziploc bag so you can mix together your steak, lemon juice,olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper then shake the bag to combine. Put the whole bag in the in refrigerator so it can marinade! I like to marinade it over night, but 1-2 hours will do!
- When cutting your potatoes, make sure you have a sharp knife! This is my favorite item to sharpen knives. Find it here.
- Put your potatoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss with hands to coat all the potatoes with oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turn them over with a spatula and them bake them again for 25 minutes (or until golden brown and cooked all the way through).
- Remove steak from the refrigerator in the bag and cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches desired doneness.
- Place potatoes on an oven-safe dish and top with steak and cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite toppings – Some of mine are: pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream. Then serve them warm.
What to serve with Baked Carne Asada Fries