You’ll be surprised at how easy this slow cooker recipe of slow cooker tamale pie comes together. Using canned beans and a cornbread muffin mix it’s the perfect dinner for a busy night.
If you like tamales, this recipe has that same delicious tamale taste without any of the hard work.
We knew this recipe would be a hit because most of our family loves tacos. But when you add the cornbread topping to this tamale pie, it takes this slow cooker recipe to a whole new level.
We LOVE our slow cookers – some of our favorite slow cooker recipes include:
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Vegetable Bowls
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
With the cornbread topping, all you need is a simple green salad to round out this meal. It’s so yummy and has a five-star reviews from everyone who tries it.
can you add your own homemade cornbread topping?
We use the Jiffy cornbread batter in this slow cooker tamale pie. It’s inexpensive and so easy to make. It’s tasty and found in most grocery stores.
Any of these options will work. You just want to cook it for the last hour of cooking. It should be set up and start to turn golden brown. When you insert a toothpick it should come out clean.
Ingredients to top of your tamale pie
This slow cooker recipe for tamale pie has endless possibilities for toppings. It’s a great way to get some veggies in for your family.
Here are some of our favorite toppings you could add to slow cooker tamale pie:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Black Olives
- More Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Onions
- Sour Cream
how to make slow cooker tamale pie
Are you ready to make this easy slow cooker recipe for tamale pie? Add the ingredients and let your slow cooker do all the work for you. Here are the main ingredients needed for Slow Cooker Tamale Pie.
You may already have most of these ingredients on hand.
- In a large skillet, brown your ground beef until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain grease well.
- Stir in cumin, salt, chili powder, and pepper.
- Place the meat mixture in the slow cooker and stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, onions, and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- At the end of cooking time, combine cornbread mix and eggs in a small bowl. Spoon over meat mixture.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour longer or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover, let stand for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
What to serve with Tamale pie:
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- 20 Minute Skillet Refried Beans
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Easy Blender Salsa
if you love cornbread, you’ll want to make these recipes
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make our Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup.