Although I hated chili growing up, I LOVE this Mom’s Crockpot Chili Recipe.
It is so good and perfect for fall and winter. Every year on Halloween since I can remember, my mom would make this Crockpot Chili. We couldn’t go trick or treating until our entire bowl was gone.
When I was younger, I didn’t always love it (mostly because I was so eager to fill up on candy), but now that I am grown up, it has got to be one of my favorite dinners.
It is so easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing. It only takes a few minutes to throw together, and you can leave it cooking in your Crockpot or Slow Cooker the rest of the day.
What to serve with Mom’s Crockpot Chili?
I love soup, but I also love the side dishes, and bread that we serve with soup. If you need a few ideas of what to serve this soup with, here is what we recommend:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread: We love this bread. It is exactly what it says it is, EASY. It is delicious.
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls: These rolls are so fast, and practically fail proof. Spread a little butter on them, and get dipping them in your soup.
- Italian Fresh Green Salad: This fresh Italian salad, makes the perfect side dish and is so simple to throw together.
- Sweet Cornbread: Nothing warms the soul better than some soup and corn bread. You will love this home style combination and all the amazing flavor.
Really any bread or soup pairing would be perfect for this recipe. It’s simple, delicious, and they both taste great with a hearty soup, such as this one.
How can I make this Chili more spicy?
My husband is a huge fan of spicy food. Myself, on the other hand, isn’t quite as big as a spicy food fan. This Slow Cooker Chili is so easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing, but my husband prefers a little kick to it.
Here is what we recommend adding:
- Chopped jalapeño (you could also use canned).
- Cumin or cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes
We love homemade Chili! Try our Slow Cooker Texas Chili and our Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili!
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Mom’s Crockpot Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 stalks celery diced
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1.25 ounces chili seasoning package
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook hamburger and onion together until hamburger is browned all the way through. Drain grease. Then add to crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients together in crockpot.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or low for about 6 hours.
- Pour into bowls. We like to add cheese and corn chips on top.
- Slow Cooker
- Frying pan
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Questions & Reviews