This triple chocolate bundt cake recipe is a favorite family dessert recipe that you will find at all of the holiday parties and family events. It is one of the Six Sisters’ popular recipes that you do not want to miss out on.
Even if you don’t think you are a good baker, this cake is for you!! I wouldn’t say it’s fool proof, but if you can read and follow directions, you cannot go wrong with this cake mix recipe. It is one of the best cakes you will make that is super simple.
I have even taught my kids how to make this deliciously chocolatey recipe, in hopes that one day they will make it for me for my birthday some day. It makes the best chocolate birthday cake. Not too much frosting, but just enough!
Ingredients Needed For This Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe:
- Devil’s food cake mix
- Intant chocolate pudding
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Warm water
- Milk chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
How To Make This Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Then in a large mixing bowl mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, vegetable oil, beaten eggs, and water until they are well combined.
Next you are going to pour the chocolate chips into the batter and then pour the cake batter into a prepared bundt pan. (Our favorite is the Baker’s Joy nonstick cooking spray for this recipe!)
When the bundt pan is filled with the cake batter, put it in the preheated oven and bake the chocolate cake for 45-50 minutes minutes.
You can also use a toothpick and insert it into the center. If it pulls out clean then the cake is done. Or if you touch the top and it is springy to the touch, it can be pulled out of the oven.
Let the cake cool down in the pan for about 90 minutes before attempting to flip it onto a plate.
Once the cake is inverted onto a plate, dust the cake with powdered sugar or top with with your favorite frosting, we love chocolate frosting on this cake!
To Make This Six Sisters Popular Recipe You Will Need:
- Bundt pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Serving plate/cake stand (THIS one is great and super functional!)
Use Your Own Cake Mix:
To put a little twist on this recipe, you can always substitute your own cake mix! If you have never made or worked with Devil’s food cake mix, then you’ll be in for a real treat. Literally. 😉
In order to make your own cake mix though you’ll need a great recipe. Make sure to take a look at Recipe Land’s Homemade Devil’s Food Cake Mix recipe!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
You Can Never Have Enough Cake Recipes!
- Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- Thin Mint Poke Cake Recipe
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- Rich and Moist Zucchini Cake
- Strawberry Nutella Cupcakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Pineapple Coconut Bundt Cake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a Bundt pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray (my favorite is Baker's Joy for this recipe- I wasn't paid to say that- it's my honest opinion).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan for about 90 minutes before inverting onto a plate. If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar or top with my favorite chocolate frosting.
- Mix all ingredients together and either spread or pipe on top of cooled cake.
- To put a little twist on this recipe, you can always substitute your own cake mix! If you have never made or worked with Devil’s food cake mix, then you’ll be in for a real treat.
- Bundt Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Serving Plate
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.