How to make Caramel Cheesecake Bars:
I haven’t always been a huge cheesecake fan. I used to prefer a cookie or brownie over cheesecake, until I made these Caramel Cheesecake Bars.
I love homemade caramel. Add that to a thick graham cracker crust and cheesecake filling and it is a match made in heaven!
Preheat your oven to 350ºF
Start by making the homemade graham cracker crust. This crust is so easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients!
In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and some melted butter. Mix it together until everything is well combined then press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
They wouldn’t be Caramel Cheesecake Bars without a delicious cream cheese filling! To make the cheesecake layer, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time then add sour cream and mix again until smooth.
Pour the cream cheese mixture over prepared crust, smooth the top and bake for 50 minutes.
Turn off the oven, open the door and let the cheesecake sit in the warm oven for 15 more minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool for an hour (or less if you put it in the fridge).
How to make the caramel layer for your Cheesecake Bars:
To make the caramel topping, combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla and bring to a boil, stirring the entire time.
Place a candy thermometer in the caramel mixture and continue to let it boil until the caramel reaches 225 degrees. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, drop a bit of caramel in cold water and it should form a small soft ball.
Remove the caramel from heat and let it cool in the saucepan for 3-5 minutes before spreading it over the cheesecake.
Smooth caramel over the top of the cheesecake and let sit until cool. (We know you are really going to love these Caramel Cheesecake Bars!)
Cut into your Caramel Cheesecake Bar squares and enjoy!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other Delicious Cheesecake Recipes like these Cheesecake Bars:
- Restaurant Style Cheesecake
- Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- No Bake Fluffy Blueberry Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cheesecake
Caramel Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add sour cream and mix again until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over prepared crust, smooth top and bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, open the door and let the cheesecake sit in the warm oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for an hour.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Place a candy thermometer in the caramel mixture and continue to boil until the caramel reaches 225 degrees F (or reaches soft ball stage if you don't have a thermometer. That means that when you drop a bit of it into cold water to cool it down, it will form a soft ball.).
- Let caramel cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes, then pour over cheesecake.
- Smooth and let set until cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Candy Thermometer