This Asphalt Sheet Cake Pie is incredibly easy to throw together, and perfect for serving a crowd.
My husband loves Asphalt pie, and requested I make it for a large family gathering. I decided instead of making a bunch of small pies, I would just make one giant one.
It turned out perfectly, and tastes absolutely amazing. I am also all about crust, and the crust to ice cream ratio is 10 out of 10 with this recipe. You will love it.
If you are a mint and chocolate lover, you are going to love this recipe.
Steps to make Asphalt Sheet Cake Pie:
This dessert is incredibly simple to make and you can seriously throw it together in a matter of minutes. It only needs a few simple ingredients, and is perfect for serving a crowd. Here are a few simple steps and tips to make the perfect Asphalt Sheet Cake Pie Dessert:
- Step 1: Mash your Oreo’s
I am all about shortcuts so I usually use a blender or food processor to crush my Oreos.
I also used just original Oreos, because they crumble a little finer and make a better crust to me (that’s my personal opinion but I have made it with double stuffed Oreos, and they still work. You will need a second package if you do choose to use double stuffed).
- Step 2: Melt the butter and add it to the crumbled Oreo’s.
For this recipe, you will want completely melted butter. Add the melted butter to the Oreo crumbles and stir until well combined. I also like to add about 1 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips to the mixture, to give it a little extra chocolatey taste.
- Step 3: Spray cookie sheet and press in crust.
I highly recommend spraying your cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray, mostly so it keeps the crust together a little better when you are pressing it into the pan.
I used my hands to press it into the pan. You could also use a rubber spatula and spray it with non stick cooking spray, to press in the crust, so the crust doesn’t stick to it.
- Step 4: Slightly melt the mint chocolate chip ice cream. You don’t want it to be completely melted, but just soft enough to spread around.
- Step 5: Top the Asphalt Sheet Cake Pie with more crushed Oreo’s and the last 1/2 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Step 6: Place the pan back in the freezer for about 2-3 hours. To allow it to fully freeze. I recommend covering it with a lid or aluminum foil, to avoid freezer burn.
You will definitely want to let it freeze after spreading out all the ice cream and toppings. It could take anywhere from 2-5 hours to fully get the dessert frozen.
This will last in the freezer for about 4 days, nicely. We don’t recommend keeping it in your freezer for more than 4 days, because it will get freezer burned and lose it’s crisp texture (especially the crust).
- Step 7: Cut, garnish and serve.
Once the ice cream is frozen, remove it from the freezer and slice it into squares. Top with Chocolate syrup and a dollop of whipped cream. I had a few extra Oreo’s in our cookie jar, so I garnished a few with some large Oreos.
You could also top it off with hot fudge, caramel, or your favorite ice cream topping.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
CHECK OUT OUR NEW COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more ice cream desserts like this Asphalt Sheet Cake Pie? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Old Fashioned Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
- Rocky Road Chocolate Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Sundae Trifle
Asphalt Sheet Cake Pie Recipe
- 40 Oreo Cookies (regular, not double stuffed)
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 cups mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips divided
- 1 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 6.5 ounces spray whipped topping (like Reddi Wip)
- ⅓ cup Hershey's Chocolate Syrup for garnish
- In a food processor or blender, crush the Oreo's until you reach a desired crust consistency.
- Pour the crushed Oreo's into a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until the Oreo's are completely wet with butter.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Press the Oreo mixture into a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Let the ice cream soften on the counter and gently spread the ice cream over the crust.
- Sprinkle any remaining Oreo crumbles and the rest of the mini semi sweet chocolate chips over the ice cream.
- Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil, and place it back into the freezer for 2-4 hours, or until the ice cream is completely frozen again.
- Once frozen, remove from the freezer and slice into squares. Garnish with spray whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately.
- You could also top it off with hot fudge, caramel, or your favorite ice cream topping.
- Food Processor
- Large Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
Questions & Reviews