When it comes to desserts, gooey = good. This recipe for Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake is a really old one that our grandma used to make.
You know that if Grandma was making it, it’s good stuff!
This cake is completely from scratch and although the directions sound a little strange, I promise that it works.
That gooey “pudding” goodness isn’t from a pudding mix, but instead it’s a melted chocolatey fudge that comes from the way you make the cake.
It’s pretty much amazing. Throw some ice cream on top of the hot cake and you have a perfect dessert.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Looking for more recipes like this Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake?
- Easy Black Forest Cake
- Chocolate Mousse Crunch Cake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- World’s Best Chocolate Cake
- Chili’s Hot Fudge Molten Lava Cake
Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1¼ cups sugar divided
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1¼ cups hot water
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream optional topping
- 8 ounces hot fudge sauce 1 bottle, optional topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the milk, butter, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 9 x 9 inch square baking pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top; do not stir (I know that it sounds weird, but I promise that it will all work out!).
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set (you do not want to over cook or it will not have the warm gooey pudding in the bottom).
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. When you scoop the cake into serving dishes, be sure to spoon the sauce from the bottom of the pan over the cake. Top with ice cream and hot fudge if desired.
You can also garnish with fresh fruit like raspberries or strawberries, or chopped nuts are delicious on this too!
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9×9-inch baking pan