I have to be honest. If I had a choice between making cookies and cookie bars, I would choose the cookie bars every time. They just make my life so much easier, and they still taste delicious! These Nutter Butter cookie bars taste so good and are so easy to make!
You’ll love the peanut butter and chocolate combination. These come together so easily.
Do you have to use nutter butter cookies?
Nutter butters are the best cookies for this recipe for the peanut butter flavor. You could also use store brand peanut butter cookies. Golden Oreos also work great in these Nutter Butter Cookie Bars.
The crumbled Nutter Butter cookies added to the top add more crunch and peanut butter flavor.
Helpful items in making Nutter butter cookie bars
- Mixing Bowl – These mixing bowls are so nice with 3 sizes available.
- Mixing Spoon – You can use this mixing spoon to make these cookie bars.
- 9 x 13 inch Baking Dish – We like using a glass 9 x 13 inch glass pan for these Nutter Butter Cookie Bars.
Related article: looking for more cookie bar recipes? Try our Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars!
How to make nutter butter cookie bars
These delicious Nutter Butter Cookie Bars come together with these simple ingredients.
Cream brown sugar and butter in a bowl. Then add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix all together.
Mix in the chocolate chips and crumbled Nutter Butter cookies.
Press the dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle crumbled Nutter Butters over the top. Bake for 30 minutes at 350˚F.
Cool completely and slice into bars.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
More bar desserts to enjoy
We like making bar cookies because they are thick and chewy and faster than making cookies.
- Best Homemade Lemon Bars
- Pecan Pie Shortbread Bars
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Confetti White Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter M & M Blondies
Nutter Butter Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 16 Nutter butter cookies (divided and broken into pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix it all together.
- Mix in your chocolate chips then slowly mix in 12 crushed Nutter Butter Cookies.
- Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands).
- Sprinkle the 4 crushed nutter butters over the top.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Be careful not to overcook - the middle might be a little gooey.
- Cool completely before slicing into squares.
- Nutter butters are the best cookies for this recipe for the peanut butter flavor. You could also use store brand peanut butter cookies. Golden Oreos also work great in these Nutter Butter Cookie Bars.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
Have you seen our YouTube channel?