This is one of my favorite side dishes for a BBQ . . . it’s creamy, full of flavor, and easy to throw together.
Traditional American Macaroni Salad Recipe
The perfect side dish for your summer BBQ - traditional american macaroni salad. Creamy, easy, and delicious.
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni cooked, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup minced red onion soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup diced vine ripened tomato optional
- ½ cup prepared mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon dried mustard
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Calories: 324 kcal · Carbohydrates: 38 g · Protein: 7 g · Fat: 16 g · Saturated Fat: 3 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 11 mg · Sodium: 326 mg · Potassium: 178 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 4 g · Vitamin A: 235 IU · Vitamin C: 3 mg · Calcium: 25 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Large Bowl
- small bowl
Recipe from Food Network.