This is by far my favorite summer side dish! Growing up my Dad didn’t like it very much so my Mom would usually only make it when he went out of town. Now being married… my husband loves it so we have it a lot! It really is so easy and goes with almost anything! I also love that it makes A LOT so I usually bring this side dish to pot lucks!
Did you know that we have a Youtube Channel?
Subscribe to our channel HERE
Watch how to make Pasta Salad HERE:
Mom's Traditional Pasta Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces rotini tri-colored pasta
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 can mushrooms small
- 1 package pepperoni small, (cut into quarters, or you can use the new mini pepperoni)
- 8 ounces marbled cheddar 1 block, , cut into cubes (any cheese will work)
- 1 red onion diced
- 16 ounces italian salad dressing (any brand works great)
- Cook the pasta as it directs on the package. Pour cooked pasta into a large bowl. Then add red and green peppers, cucumber, sliced olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, pepperoni, cheese cubes, and onion.
- Pour Italian dressing on salad (you can use fat-free or low-fat if you want). Mix well. Put salad in fridge for a couple of hours before serving. Stir again before serving. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Large Mixing Bowl
Related Recipe: Our Spaghetti Salad is the most popular pasta salad recipe and is always a crowd pleaser! Get the recipe HERE.