I am a sucker for pasta salads – one of my favorite things about going to a potluck or BBQ with family and friends is all the dishes that people bring to share. I love sampling all of them and eating 3000 calories worth of side dishes.
We were visiting some friends and one of the dishes they had a dinner was a Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – and it was amazing!!! I asked if she had a recipe and she said she has just thrown some stuff together. So, I made note of what was in the salad and came home to recreate it!
This is such a quick and delicious dish that you can throw together in minutes – and I promise that all your potlucks and BBQ’s will never be the same!
if you love this bacon ranch pasta salad, be sure to try The Best Creamy Pasta Salad. It’s a family favorite.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound shell pasta
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 ounce ranch salad dressing mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, and then drain water.
- Rinse pasta with cold water until cool; drain. Add pasta to a large bowl.
- Add bacon, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and cheese to the pasta and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch salad dressing mix. Add mayo mixture into the pasta and vegetables and mix until it's completely covered. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3-4 hours before serving.
- Mixing Bowl