We love having a festive St. Patrick’s Day dinner with all green food but I didn’t want to use a lot of food coloring. This Green Mac n’ Cheese is made without food coloring and is filled with all kinds of veggies so you don’t have to feel guilty about feeding it to your kids!
Green Mac N’ Cheese Without Food Coloring Recipe
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- ½ cup water
- 4 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Place the milk and spinach in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in flour for 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk occasionally for 3-4 minutes until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cheese and whisk until melted.
- Stir in the pasta, broccoli and peas.
- Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
- Large Saucepan
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan