With four kids who are playing sports, taking lessons, etc. our weeknights get pretty crazy! I have this easy chicken fajita recipe in my back pocket for when I know I am going to need throw dinner together in a hurry.
This recipe is perfect to make on a busy day, because you can prep it ahead of time in the morning and have dinner ready in a matter of minutes later in the day!
the best chicken fajitas
These Tangy Marinated Chicken Fajitas are marinated in a simple marinade then cooked to perfection in a skillet.
The onions and peppers are also marinated with the chicken for the ultimate flavor combination! Serve in traditional flour or corn tortillas or wrap in a lettuce leaf for a low carb option.
Chicken Fajita Marinade
A flavorful marinade is what makes these chicken fajitas so good! This easy marinade is made with vinegar, lime juice and Italian dressing mix.
These ingredients are great to keep on hand for a quick, flavorful marinade.
How To Make Chicken Fajitas
These Tangy Chicken Fajitas are marinated to ensure juicy, flavorful chicken, peppers and onions.
Place cubed chicken, sliced onion and sliced green pepper in a gallon-sized resealable bag.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice and salad dressing mix.
Pour over chicken and vegetables and seal bag. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
After chicken and vegetables have marinated, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute until vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through.
I simply pour the entire bag of chicken, vegetables and marinade into the skillet. Some of the marinade will still be left in the skillet after cooking, so using tongs or a slotted spoon to get the chicken out of the pan will work best.
Serve chicken and vegetables in tortillas and top with sour cream, cilantro and salsa.
Related recipe: Love all things fajita? Try our Slow Cooker Fajita Soup!
You could also top these Tangy Chicken Fajitas with your favorite toppings, such as:
- Shredded cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Black beans
The best homemade fajitas:
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chili’s Steak Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Tostadas
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
Tangy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 (0.7 ounce) pkg. dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 12 flour tortillas
- sour cream optional topping
- cilantro optional topping
- salsa optional topping
- Place cubed chicken, sliced onion and sliced green pepper in a gallon-sized resealable bag.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice and salad dressing mix.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables and seal bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- After chicken and vegetables have marinated, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute until vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and vegetables in tortillas and top with sour cream, cilantro and salsa.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?