One recipe I always make in my slow cooker is this slow cooker chicken Italian sandwiches recipe. It is a super budget-friendly dinner that you can throw together in no time.
There are no weird ingredients needed, so if you’re not sure what to make for dinner, you probably have everything in your pantry to make this crockpot chicken recipe. Just get out the ingredients and get to work!
This is also a great recipe for leftovers so you can bring what’s left to work the next day or enjoy it as dinner the next evening. I tend to think it might even be better the next day after all the flavors set in more too!
Since the slow cooker is doing a lot of the work, why not prepare either our Instant Pot Green beans, cheesy ranch potatoes, or air fryer sweet potatoes! They are all delicious and would go great with this slow cooker chicken recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Slow Cooker Chicken Italian Sandwiches Recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Can if petite diced tomatoes
- Italian dressing
- Tomato paste
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Hamburger buns
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Chicken Italian Sandwiches Recipe:
Begin by getting out your slow cooker. Then, spray it with a nonstick cooking spread and place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Now, dump the van of drained tomatoes on top of the chicken breast.
In a small bowl, you need to mix together the Italian dressing, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste.
After it is mixed together well, pour the Italian sauce mixture over the top of the chicken.
Return the lid to the slow cooker and cook the chicken on low heat for 5-6 hours.
When the chicken is done cooking, use two forks and shred the chicken.
Then, add in the fresh basil and give it all a good stir.
Now just serve the chicken on the hamburger buns and enjoy!
We also love to add a piece of provolone cheese on the bun too!
To Make Our Italian Sandwiches You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS is a great one!
- Nonstick spray
- Small mixing bowl
Make this into a Freezer Meal:
In a gallon-sized freezer meal bag, add chicken breasts, canned tomatoes, Italian dressing, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix together and place in the freezer for up to 60 days.
When ready to use, dump frozen ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours (depending on your slow cooker, it could possibly be done in 5 hours – just start checking at 5 hours so that you don’t overcook your chicken).
Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Enjoy Fresh Hamburger Buns With This Chicken Recipe
If you have them, marking your own hamburger buns for this recipe will compliment them perfectly. There is nothing like some fresh buns to make for a great meal.
But if you don’t have time to make your own buns, store-bought works just wonderful too!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Step Up Your Sandwich Game With These Tasty Recipes!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Sandwich Recipe
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Chicken Italian Sandwiches Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes drained
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Dump the canned tomatoes on top.
- In a small bowl. mix together Italian dressing, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture on top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and stir in fresh basil.
- Serve chicken on buns and enjoy.
- Optional: You can top each sandwich with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Small Mixing Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.