This Slow cooker Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner for those busy nights. You can put this all together in the morning, let it cook in the slow cooker all day, and come home to an easy sandwich dinner.
You can change up the type of roll you use to when you serve it. If you want it for kids, use a tasty dinner roll or even a Hawaiian roll. Yourself and your spouse might enjoy a slightly bigger sandwich with a hoagie roll.
This would also make for a great appetizer! Again serve it on a Hawaiian roll and put it out for everyone to enjoy. All your guests will be asking for this easy slow cooker recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe:
- Beef round steak
- Green bell pepper
- Beef broth
- Italian dressing mix
- Loaf of french bread
- Provolone cheese
- Cheese Whiz (optional topping)
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe:
Begin by getting out your slow cooker and spray it down with nonstick cooking spray.
Then cut your ground beef into thin strips and then place the meat in the slow cooker.
Now slice both the green bell pepper and medium yellow onion and place them in the slow cooker.
Then add in the can of beef broth and envelop of Italian dressing mix.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and turn it on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
After the meat is done cooking, spoon it onto the cut loafs of french bread and top the meat with a slice of provolone cheese.
If you want your cheese to be super melted, place the sandwich bread on a baking sheet at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes and then add the meat and cheese and place it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
To make the more authentic version, top the meat with Cheese Whiz and even some A1 sauce.
Feel free to add any of your favorite condiments or extra toppings!
To Make This Slow Cooker Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Baking sheet (optional)
Fresh French Bread
Homemade bread is one of those things that sounds daunting, but actually isn’t that hard, but can be time consuming.
So, if you have the time, make Mel’s Kitchen Cafe’s easy homemade french bread! You cannot beat fresh French bread. Plus it will last longer than the loaf you can buy from the store.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
If You Love The Flavors of Philly Cheese Steak, Make Sure You Add These Recipes to Your Monthly Menu!
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Sandwich Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Wraps Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shells
- Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Wraps
- Instant Pot Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1½ pounds beef round steak
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1 envelope italian dressing mix
- 1 loaf french bread sliced into sandwich lengths (or 4-6 hoagie buns)
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- Cheese Whiz optional topping
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut meat into strips, place in slow cooker.
- Add green pepper, onion, broth, and dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours.
- Spoon meat mixture onto bread, top with a slice(s) of cheese.
- Another option is to toast bread in a 375 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, add meat, cover with cheese, then bake an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- To make this more authentic, top with Cheese Whiz. My husband also likes to top his with A1 sauce.
- To Make Into A Freezer Meal: How to turn this into a freezer meal: Place cut-up steak, green bell pepper, onion, and Italian dressing mix into a gallon-sized freezer bag.Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days. When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Slow Cooker and add beef broth in with the frozen food.Cook as directed above.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.