Who doesn’t love a good Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich? I have to admit, my Instant Pot sat in it’s box for about three months before I even opened it.
I had no idea what I was missing out on! I finally got the courage to open it and I can honestly tell you, I have used it almost every night since. I should probably get a second one now!
Before we get to the party, let’s just take a second and talk about my favorite kitchen gadget for those of you who aren’t quite sure what the hype is!
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, but what is an Instant Pot?
Haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? Well, you may want to consider it just for this recipe alone!
Instant Pot is a seven-in-one multi-cooker! Here’s what it will replace in your kitchen:
- Pressure cooker
- Slow cooker
- Rice cooker
- Yogurt maker
- Saute Pan
Sounds a little too good to be true, but we promise it’s worth every penny! I haven’t used my slow cooker in weeks, which is saying a lot for this 3-4 times a week slow cooking girl!
Check out the reviews on the Instant Pot on Amazon and join the 1000’s of people who LOVE it! You can read about it HERE.
Now onto the recipe!
How to make Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches:
Set your instant pot to SAUTE and let it heat up.
Once heated, add olive oil, sliced green bell pepper, and sliced onion and saute until cooked through.
Usually about 5 minutes or until the onions start to lose their color.
Add sliced steak and Italian mix and saute meat with vegetables for 2 minutes, making sure all the vegetables and meat get seasoned with the mix.
Pour in beef broth and stir one last time before hitting CANCEL on your instant pot to shut off the saute feature.
Place lid on Instant pot with valve set to “sealing.” Select PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL and set timer for 8 minutes. After timer runs out, let your Instant Pot do a natural release for 10 minutes.
Cut French bread into 4 pieces (4 hoagie buns work as well!). Scoop meat onto sandwich and top with a slice of provolone cheese.
If you like your Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches toasted, place your open faced sandwich in the oven and broil on high for a few minutes, keeping an eye on it. Or in your toaster oven!
Looking for more freezer meals just like this? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Freezer Meals!
Related Article: Making sandwiches in the Instant Pot has become a quick favorite! Make sure you don’t miss our Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches!
Can you make Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches in the slow cooker?
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Don’t worry! You can make this recipe in the slow cooker too. Check out our slow cooker version HERE.
Looking for more Instant Pot Steak Recipes? Try our Instant Pot Pepper Steak Recipe with Rice!
Instant Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion medium, sliced
- 1½ pounds beef round steak thinly sliced
- 1 package Italian dressing mix
- 1¼ cups beef broth
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Set your instant pot to SAUTE and let it heat up.
- Add olive oil, sliced green bell pepper, and sliced onion and saute until cooked through (about 5 minutes.)
- Add sliced steak and italian dressing mix and saute meat with vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Pour in beef broth and stir one last time.
- Hit CANCEL on your instant pot to shut off the saute feature.
- Place lid on Instant pot with valve set to “sealing.”
- Select PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL and set timer for 8 minutes.
- After timer runs out, let your Instant Pot do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Cut French bread into 4 pieces (4 hoagie buns work as well!).
- Scoop meat onto sandwich and top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- After Instant Pot Timer runs out, let your Instant Pot do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- If you like your sandwiches toasted, place your open faced sandwich in the oven and broil on high for a few minutes, keeping an eye on it. Or in your toaster oven.
- Instant Pot
This post was included in our 15 Easy Freezer Meals For Instant Pot or Slow Cooker video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Check out our new cookbook!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Questions & Reviews