I really love the taste and flavor of fried food, but I hate all the grease and fat that comes with it. I love finding recipes that can be “fried” in the oven. This chicken has yummy flavor and a crunchy cheese crust- and it is easy to throw together in no time!
Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Recipe
This chicken has yummy flavor and a crunchy cheese crust- and it is easy to throw together in no time!
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs (I used Italian Style, just for a little more flavor)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ pounds chicken pieces meaty, (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl. Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Skin chicken if desired. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in a greased 15x10x2-inch baking pan so pieces don't touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with the melted margarine or butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Immediately transfer chicken to a covered container; serve within 1 hour. Or cover and chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.
Serve with: Veggie Pasta Salad Green Salad Fruit Salad
Calories: 381 kcal · Carbohydrates: 5 g · Protein: 29 g · Fat: 27 g · Saturated Fat: 8 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 132 mg · Sodium: 342 mg · Potassium: 292 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 499 IU · Vitamin C: 3 mg · Calcium: 135 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- small bowl
- shallow dish
- 15x10x2 Sheet Pan