Treat yourself to this amazing oven-fried parmesan chicken drumsticks recipe this week! It is a fantastic recipe that is the best oven-fried chicken recipe that you can enjoy those fried flavors without all the mess.
For this easy chicken parmesan recipe, no frying is needed! We will show you just exactly how to get all the best flavors of the fried chicken, right in your oven.
Not only is this an easy recipe to make, but it is super budget-friendly chicken recipe (hello end of pay period hero recipe) and is fingerlicking good. So make sure to have some good napkins or even break out the paper towels for when you get to enjoy this drumstick recipe.
Our website is filled with so many great recipes, chicken dinner recipes included. We have compiled a lot of them for you in our 50 chicken breast recipes post, or you can search for your favorite recipes on our website. Jump here to get to all our recipes that have chicken in them! One of my new favorites is the tasty baked creamy chicken taquitos recipe, talk about YUM!
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks Recipe:
- Egg, beaten
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fine dry bread crumbs (Italian adds some great flavor but plain will work too!)
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Chicken (breast, thighs, and drumsticks)
- Margarine or butter, melted
How To Make Our Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks Recipe:
When you are ready to make dinner preheat the oven to 375 degrees and then start by combining the beaten egg and milk in a small mixing bowl.
Then, in another small shallow bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, dried oregano, dried paprika, and ground black pepper until everything is evenly distributed and you don’t have all the spices in one area.
Once those bowls are set, prepare your chicken the way you desire. You can choose to remove the skin or take it off.
Now, dip the chicken into the egg mixture, making sure all of the chicken gets covered and then dredge the chicken into the spiced bread crumb mixture.
After the chicken has been dipped and seasoned, place the chicken on a greased 15x10x2 inch baking pan, making sure to leave room between each piece of chicken so that they do not touch.
Next you will need to carefully drizzle the prepared chicken with either the melted butter or margarine.
When all of the chicken pieces have received butter, place the pan in the oven that has been preheated to 375 and let the chicken cook for 45-55 minutes or until the chicken is tender, no longer pink and cooked all the way through.
It is not necessary to turn the chicken while it is baking. Leaving space between the chicken allows it to get cooked on all sides.
Once the chicken is done cooking, remove the pan from the oven and immediately place it into a covered container and serve it within 1 hour.
You can also cover the chicken and let it cool down and transport it to where it needs to go while being surrounded by icepacks.
To Make Our Chicken Drumsticks Recipe You Will Need:
- Small mixing bowl
- Shallow dish
- 15x10x2 inch baking pan (one like THIS will work great!)
How Long Does it Take for Drumsticks to Cook in the Oven?
Since the chicken is being cooked at a lower temperature than the traditional frying, they will take a bit longer, but I promise it is worth it. When we use drumsticks, they then to take anywhere from 45 to 55 minutes to cook all the way through.
To be sure they are done, make sure they are cooked all the way through. If you don’t happen to have a meat thermometer, the Recipe Fairy has some great instruction on how to tell if your chicken is done cooking.
If you do have a meat thermemetere, make sure that at the thickest part of the chicken, the temperature reads 165 degrees.
How Do You Keep Breading on Parmesan Chicken?
One of the best ways to keep the breading on this parmesan chicken recipe is by getting it moist! It might sound crazy, but it works!
We drizzle ours with melted butter and it works perfectly. Not only does it help the dry crumbs stick to the chicken, it also adds even more flavor.
Do You Need to Flip Drumsticks in the Oven?
As long as you prepare the pan properly you do not need to flip the drumsticks while they are cooking in the oven.
When you spray the bottom of the pan to grease it, it also helps cook the lower half of the chicken. Also by allowing adequate space between the chicken, the chicken will be able to have heat on all sides of the chicken letting the drumsticks to cook evenly without having to be rotated.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Serve Our Best Sides with Your Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks:
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat Recipe
- Olive Garden Fresh Garden Salad Copycat Recipe
- Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob Recipe
- 5 Minute Fluffy Yogurt Fruit Salad Recipe
- Creamy Yogurt Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe
- Best Italian Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Raising Cane’s Chicken Sauce Recipe
- Easy Pan Butter Biscuits Recipe
Enjoy More Tender and Tasty Baked Chicken Recipes to Make Life Simple and Delicious:
- Cheddar Baked Chicken Recipe
- Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Homemade Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- Baked Honey Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Baked Chicken Flautas Recipe
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas Recipe
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe
- Crunchy Baked Chicken Recipe
Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs (I used Italian Style, just for a little more flavor)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ pounds chicken pieces meaty, (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl. Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Skin chicken if desired. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in a greased 15x10x2-inch baking pan so pieces don't touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with the melted margarine or butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Immediately transfer chicken to a covered container; serve within 1 hour. Or cover and chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.
- Veggie Pasta Salad
- Green Salad
- Fruit Salad
- small bowl
- shallow dish
- 15x10x2 Sheet Pan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.