Spring is always a busy time of year for our family. With all the fun activities and everything else going on, I always need a good slow cooker recipe on hand. This Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken recipe is as delicious as it is easy.
This meal is simple enough that it can be served any weeknight, but tasty enough you can add some steamed broccoli and homemade rolls and serve it for Sunday dinner.
This slow cooker Swiss chicken is made with just 6 ingredients – most of which you probably already have in your pantry.
You only need 6 Ingredients for this Chicken Recipe:
- Chicken breasts (you can use fresh or frozen)
- Swiss cheese (you can substitute other types of cheese if you don’t like Swiss. Muenster, Mozzarella, or Cheddar will work.)
- Dry herbed stuffing (we usually use a 6 ounce box of Stove Top).
- Cream of chicken soup
How to make Slow Cooker Swiss chicken:
Step 2: Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker (try to place them in one single layer as much as possible).
Step 3: Cover chicken with slices of Swiss cheese.
Step 4: In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk and pour over chicken and cheese.
Step 5: Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle butter over the top.
Step 6: Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Make this Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken in the oven:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a 9×13″ baking dish. Top with Swiss cheese slices.
In a bowl, mix together milk and cream of chicken soup. Pour over chicken breasts, then top with dry stuffing mix. Drizzle butter over the stuffing mix.
Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
New Copycat Cookbook:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
- Other types of cheeses (mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, etc.)
- Sliced deli ham
- Bacon bits
- Almond milk or dairy free milk
- Sliced almonds
To store this chicken dinner:
Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
To freeze, cook and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 30 days.
To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Reheat in the microwave until warmed through.
We like to serve this Swiss Chicken with:
- Roasted baby potatoes
- Oven roasted parmesan broccoli
- Strawberry spinach salad with homemade poppyseed dressing
- 30 minute dinner rolls
- Creamy garlic mashed potatoes
Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken stuffing mix
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover chicken with slices of Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk and pour over chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle butter over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl