Anyone else out there love their slow cooker? I think that out of all my sisters, I have shared the most slow cooker recipes on our website (I think I am up to like 150 slow cooker recipes)!
On busy days when I know our schedule is going to be crazy, I love being able to throw something in the slow cooker in the morning and then dinner is ready and waiting when we need it.
This Slow Cooker Pesto Alfredo Chicken is one of my family’s favorites and I know that you will love it too.
Ingredients needed for Slow Cooker Pesto Alfredo Chicken:
- chicken breasts (I used frozen chicken breasts; chicken thighs would also work)
- jar of alfredo sauce
- jar of prepared basil pesto
- can of diced tomatoes
- box of your favorite pasta (I used penne pasta, but any pasta will work)
- fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and fresh tomatoes for garnish (optional)
How to make slow cooker Chicken Pesto Alfredo Chicken:
This dish is one of my favorites because it’s a simple dump-and-go recipe.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Dump jar of alfredo sauce, jar of pesto, and can of tomatoes (undrained) on top of chicken.
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours (or high heat for 3-4 hours) or until chicken is cooked through.
- Near the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain well.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks (it should come apart fairly easy).
- Add the chicken and pasta back to slow cooker and mix together.
- Serve topped with fresh Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and fresh diced tomatoes (if desired; totally optional).
Can you make this in the Instant Pot?
We have a ton of Instant Pot recipes on our site and have been working on many more for the future.
This recipe can easily be made in the Instant Pot – the only difference is that you are going to want to add some chicken broth into the pot (because you can cook the pasta with it!):
- Add pasta, 5 cups chicken broth and chicken breasts to Instant Pot.
- Make sure that all pasta is covered with chicken broth.
- Cook on MANUAL for 6 minutes, then allow for a natural pressure release for 6 minutes before moving the valve over to VENTING.
- Remove lid and then remove chicken from Instant pot and shred with two forks.
- Add in the shredded chicken, jar of diced tomatoes, jar of alfredo sauce, and jar of pesto.
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE and cook until sauce is bubbly.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and serve, topping with your favorite garnishes.
If you need help converting other recipes to Instant Pot recipes, be sure to watch this video from our YouTube channel!
Want more easy and delicious recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
What to serve with Pesto Alfredo Chicken:
- Italian Fresh Green Salad
- Sheet Pan Breadsticks
- Homemade French Bread
- Homemade Caesar Salad and Dressing
- Tangy Cucumber Salad