Anyone else out there love their slow cooker? I think that out of all my sisters, I have shared the most slow cooker recipes on our website (I think I am up to like 150 slow cooker recipes)!
On busy days when I know our schedule is going to be crazy, I love being able to throw something in the slow cooker in the morning and then dinner is ready and waiting when we need it.
This Slow Cooker Pesto Alfredo Chicken is one of my family’s favorites and I know that you will love it too.
Ingredients needed for Slow Cooker Pesto Alfredo Chicken:
- chicken breasts (I used frozen chicken breasts; chicken thighs would also work)
- jar of alfredo sauce
- jar of prepared basil pesto
- can of diced tomatoes
- box of your favorite pasta (I used penne pasta, but any pasta will work)
- fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and fresh tomatoes for garnish (optional)
How to make slow cooker Chicken Pesto Alfredo Chicken:
This dish is one of my favorites because it’s a simple dump-and-go recipe.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Dump jar of alfredo sauce, jar of pesto, and can of tomatoes (undrained) on top of chicken.
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours (or high heat for 3-4 hours) or until chicken is cooked through.
- Near the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain well.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks (it should come apart fairly easy).
- Add the chicken and pasta back to slow cooker and mix together.
- Serve topped with fresh Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and fresh diced tomatoes (if desired; totally optional).