Coming up with meals that my kids will eat and that don’t take me all day to prepare can be a challenge sometimes! And sometimes I am fresh out of ideas.
After just a couple minutes of prep work, I threw it in the oven and dinner was done! They loved it, I loved it, and the challenge of what to feed my family was solved for one more day. I think your family will enjoy this delicious dish too!
Related recipe: try another version of this recipe – Chicken Divan!
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- 2 ½ cups pasta shells
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 16 ounces Alfredo sauce
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package. Remove from heat, drain water, and dump pasta in a large bowl.
- If using fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces and place in a microwaveable-safe bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave for 3-4 minutes or until it reaches your desired crunchiness. If using frozen broccoli, prepare according to directions on package. Once finished cooking, place broccoli in the bowl with the pasta.
- Dump the chicken, alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese into the bowl and mix with the pasta and broccoli. Season with garlic salt, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray and dump pasta/chicken mixture inside.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese together. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges are bubbling.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowl
Serve with a green salad and these Easy Parmesan Knots for a complete meal!
Recipe inspired by Dessert Now, Dinner Later.