Our pineapple grilled chicken is some of the most juicy and flavorful chicken you will make on your grill this summer. It is also so good that it is a picky eater approved and a super simple kid-friendly dinner.
You can make this easy dinner up ahead of time and let the chicken marinate overnight ifyou want, just a few hours ahead to get the flavors to infuse into the chicken. But beyond that, this recipe is extremely simple.
That is what I love about grilledl chicken recipes. There is not much prep ahead of time, less clean up, and the chicken is filled with amazing flavor.
Ingredients Needed For Our Pineapple Grilled Chicken:
- Lemon lime soda
- Crushed pineapple (not drained)
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
How To Make Our Pineapple Grilled Chicken:
Begin making this grilled chicken recipe by getting out a large bowl and mixing together the lemon lime soda, crushed pineapple can (the whole thing, do NOT drain it), soy sauce, and the brown sugar.
Mix everything together until all of the brown sugar dissolves and all the ingredients are well combined.
Add the chicken to the lime and pineapple marinade, making sure that all of the chicken is covered in the sauce.
Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to let it chill and marinate for at least 4 hours or even overnight to let the flavors really develop.
Once the chicken has time to marinate, remove the chicken from the fridge and grill the chicken on a preheated grill on medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
To make sure the chicken is done, make sure it is no longer pink, and has at least reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit.
Then, just serve it hot when it is done cooking!
To Make This Picky Eater Approved Dinner You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl (THIS is a great set!)
- Can opener
Crushed Pineapples Canned But Homemade:
Crushed pineapples are in a surprising amount of recipes. If you have a pineapple you bought with good intentions and never ended up cutting it, don’t let it go to waste!
You can make your own crushed pineapple with this canning crushed pineapple recipe from Preserved Home. Make some up and have it on hand for your next recipe!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Try Out All of Our Amazing Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Maple Mountain Dew Grilled Chicken
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Marinated Mountain Dew Grilled Chicken
- Rosemary Ranch Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Asian BBQ Chicken
- Barbeque Peach Chicken
- Easy Smoked Chicken Breast Recipe
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Pineapple Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup lemon lime soda
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple do not drain
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soda, pineapple, soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add chicken to marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from fridge and preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the chicken for a couple of minutes on each side, until the chicken is no longer pink and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- To make sure the chicken is done, make sure it is no longer pink, and has at least reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Can Opener
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.