This week as sisters we challenged ourselves not to eat any sweets. I’ve been trying so hard to fill up on vegetables and fruit so that I am not tempted to eat those extra Cadbury eggs I stuck in the freezer.
This fun twist on a normal pasta salad is the perfect way to get some of those vegetables into your body, and enjoy them. Feel free to add in your favorite vegetables that we might have left out.
This is a great way to sneak veggies into your kids diets. If you have veggie haters at your house, we just found the answer to your problem. This Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad, is the best way to eat vegetables.
if you love this roasted veggie pasta salad, be sure to try The Best Creamy Pasta Salad. It’s a family favorite.
make it a main dish:
We usually serve this Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad as a side dish, but you could easily serve it as a main dish. All you have to do is add a little protein, and your family’s tummies will be full in no time.
Here are our favorites to add to this:
- Diced Ham
- Shredded Chicken
- Grilled Chicken
- Ground Turkey
- Turkey Breast
Really any of your favorite meat would be yummy in this. Especially if it is grilled or roasted to perfection.
could i use any kind of noodle to make this recipe?
For this recipe, we used rotini pasta, but you could easily switch it up and use any pasta you have on hand, or one that your kids love.
We also like using:
- Bow Tie Pasta
Really any pasta you have on hand will work great, but we have found that the rotini is easiest for little eaters to stab or scoop with their fork.
watch how to make a similar side dish, here:
Looking for more pot luck salads and recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- The Best Homemade Pasta Salad
- Grilled Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- The Best Creamy Pasta Salad
- Fully Loaded Baked Beans
- Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 zucchini diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 1 small bunch asparagus sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 8 ounces balsamic vinaigrette (we used Kraft's Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Spread out chopped vegetables on tin foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast vegetables for 12-15 minutes or until softened, and beginning to brown.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare pasta according to box directions.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta and cooked vegetables.
- Pour balsamic dressing over salad and toss until all vegetables and noodles are coated. Feel free to add more or less dressing to your liking.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
- We love this salad the next day when the dressing has soaked into all the vegetables.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!