This Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet has quickly become one of our favorite meals. Purchase fresh made gnocchi in the refrigerated section of your grocery store to throw together this quick, healthy dish.
I love how quickly this dish comes together. It is so simple to make, and tastes amazing. My husband hates any type of pasta, but devours this.
It has such a unique taste and flavor to it. Your family is going to love this one. The picky eaters say it’s “fun to eat” so I’ll take this as a mom win.
The best part is, it comes together in a matter of minutes. If it’s going to be a busy week, I know I can always rely on this quick and delicious Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet.
If you are looking for more healthy and delicious recipes, be sure to check out our 30 Days of Healthy Eating Menu Plan with over 100 healthy recipes.
Tips for making sausage and Gnocchi skillet:
- You could also use sausage that hasn’t been cooked yet, if you are looking for more sausage taste. We used pre-cooked turkey sausage in this recipe, but you could use any sausage.I have also used pre-cooked apple chicken sausage, (found near the hot dog section at the grocery store) and it tasted amazing with this.
- You can easily make this meal ahead of time. I make it in the morning, then I wait to put it in the oven until I am home from work and various activities.Or if i know it’s going to be a really crazy week, I cut up all my vegetables on Sunday, for the week to come.
If i don’t like a certain vegetable in the Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet, what can I replace it with?
I love how versatile this recipe is. You can seriously almost put any vegetable in this recipe, and it will taste amazing.
-If you are looking to replace the tomatoes, we recommend adding a canned vegetable that has some sauce to it.
You could use corn, or you could also add some salsa, or ketchup, or some sort of tomato base.
Other than that, you could add or take away any of the other ingredients. You could add, broccoli, carrots, corn, any other type of bean, green beans, asparagus, etc.
Looking for more pasta dishes?
Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound pre-cooked smoked turkey sausage sliced (like a coin)
- 1 zucchini diced
- ¼ cup water
- 14½ ounces Italian Diced Tomatoes 1 can, undrained
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces cannellini beans 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces gnocchi uncooked,1 package
- 1½ cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the cut sausage to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini, water, tomatoes, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, beans and gnocchi. Mix well. Gently fold in the spinach.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with parsley, and serve.
- You could also use sausage that hasn’t been cooked yet, if you are looking for more sausage taste. We used pre-cooked turkey sausage in this recipe, but you could use any sausage. I have also used pre-cooked apple chicken sausage, (found near the hot dog section at the grocery store) and it tasted amazing with this.
- large oven safe skillet
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!