Do you have a lot of extra time in the morning to sit down with your kids and eat breakfast with them before they all head out for school, or hop in the minivan? Yeah, me either. These little bites are a great on-the-go breakfast or a yummy and easy peanut butter snacks (my kids love to eat them after school).
That is exactly why I LOVE having this made up and ready for the crazy morning rush. They are literally a grab and go breakfast. Or a pop all the kids in the car and pass the air tight container (I like THESE for in the car) back and let them serve themselves kind of breakfast.
I am not naive, you probably (maybe) will want to eat something else occasionally, but good thing we have a lot of easy and awesome breakfast recipes to make! Make sure that you check out our breakfast cookies, pumpkin spice muffins, and one of our kids favorite is the lucky cereal bars (they will actually eat more than just the marshmallows).
I know that sometimes it can be hard to get your kids to eat decent food that is not loaded with sugar. With these breakfast bites, they will think it is just candy made with cheerios, but you will know the truth.
Exactly what you need to make these 4 Ingredient peanut butter cheerio bars and bites:
Cereal energy balls ingredients:
- Cheerios cereal
- Crunchy natural peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
Everyday kitchen tools to use:
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium-sized microwave safe bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Wooden spoon
- Aluminum foil
- Nonstick cooking spray
6 Ingredient meals to have in your kitchen:
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
How to whip up these magnificent cheerio balls:
To begin, grab your large mixing bowl and pour in the cheerios into the bowl.
Then, in the medium-sized microwave safe bowl, measure out the crunchy peanut butter and microwave it for 40 seconds.
Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir it immediately and add in the honey. Mix the peanut butter and honey together until they are well combined.
Next, add in vanilla extract to the peanut butter honey mixture and mix it all together.
Now, pour the peanut butter mix over top of the cheerios in the large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together until all of the cheerios are coated with the delicious peanut butter and honey mix.
Then, using a spoon, scoop out bite sized spoonfuls and place them on a greased sheet of aluminum foil.
You’ll have to let the bites sit for about 3 hours or so for them to solidify.
If you want to make this a little bit more like a dessert, you could always make up some homemade hot fudge sauce and drizzle it overtop of the bites!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Feel free to use any kind of Cheerios cereal that you prefer – plain Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Peanut Butter Cheerios, chocolate cheerios, etc)
- You could substitute agave syrup for the honey
- You could substitute almond butter or cashew butter for the peanut butter
- If you don’t have crunchy peanut butter, creamy peanut butter will work just fine
- You will want to be sure that you use a natural peanut butter – which means that the only ingredient that is in the peanut butter is peanuts (and maybe a little salt). Peanut butter is sometimes loaded with sugar and other ingredients that aren’t needed for this recipe.
- If you or your kids prefer bars, you can always pour this mixture into a 9 x13 pan lined with greased aluminum foil.
Instant Pot breakfast recipes
Have you heard of our YouTube channel? We share so many of our favorite recipes on it. Walk you through step by step so you can see just how the recipe will turn out. There are also many breakfast recipes to try, including these 3 amazing Instant Pot dump and go recipes!
Find more great recipes to start your day with!
- BROWN SUGAR PECAN OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- CINNAMON STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- TURKEY SAUSAGE BREAKFAST SLIDERS
- HOMEMADE FRESH BLUEBERRY PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY SYRUP
- SCRAMBLED EGG BREAKFAST MUFFINS RECIPE