If you love breakfast, you’ll love it even more with this lemon blueberry cake.
I have always loved breakfast. I get so hungry, from all the deep sleeping during the night, that I wake up ready to eat.
Growing up I loved eating cold cereal in the morning, but now I consider cereal my nighttime snack.
This Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake has gladly taken it’s breakfast spot. It’s so easy to make, serves a crowd, and tastes amazing.
I used fresh blueberries, and I am so glad I did. They have such a sweet and fresh taste to them, that you are going to love.
The lemon zest just complements the whole cake, and pairs perfectly with the blueberries. You just need to try it, to understand what I am saying. It is so dang good. It may be the best breakfast cake recipe I have ever made.
Ingredients needed for Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake:
- Baking Powder
Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl. I used a wooden spoon to mix it all together.
When you coat your blueberries in flour, this is what they should end up looking like. Don’t add the excess flour that didn’t stick to the blueberries, into the mixture. Just spoon out the blueberries, and add them to the batter.
If any batter makes it to the pan (the batter is so yummy) try to spread it out as evenly as you can. I used a rubber spatula, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake and enjoy. It is really so yummy whether you serve it as a snack, breakfast, or dessert.
Could I make Lemon Blueberry Cake using a cake mix?
This lemon blueberry cake recipe is a little different from regular cake. It’s more of a muffin mixture than it is a cupcake mixture. It’s extremely sweet and has a lot more flavor.
For this recipe, I would not recommend using a cake mix, because of the ingredients in the cake mix, combined with these ones, might make a bit of a weird texture. It’s also a lot thinner, so your cake won’t be as moist.
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Greek Yogurt Honey Breakfast Bowl
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Cookies
- Mini Maple Pancake Muffins
- Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake
Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- With a hand mixer or whisk, combine the butter, lemon zest as well as the juice from the lemon, and sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Add your egg and vanilla to the mixture, and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk in your flour (reserving 1/4 cup of it for the blueberries), baking powder, and salt, until the wet is fully combined with the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the buttermilk with whisk.
- In a separate bowl, toss the fresh blueberries with the 1/4 cup flour, until they are all lightly coated.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter, until fully combined.
- Spread the cake batter into your prepared 9×9 inch pan, evenly.
- Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve
- For this recipe, I would not recommend using a cake mix, because of the ingredients in the cake mix, combined with these ones, might make a bit of a weird texture. It’s also a lot thinner, so your cake won’t be as moist.
- 9 x 9 inch baking dish
- Mixing Bowl
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We have a YouTube channel where we show you how to how to make a recipe from start to finish in our kitchen. Our recipes are even picky eater approved!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
MEAL PLANNING MADE EASY
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. Each recipe is tried and true, so we are confident you will love it.
Some of our best memories were made at the dinner table and that is something we wanted to help other families have time for.
Our simple weekly dinner meal plans take all the stress and guesswork out of
“What’s for dinner?” and turn it into a tradition of spending time with family.
Adjust your serving size to fit the needs of your family, and customize your plan with our library of 3000+ recipes. It’s time to start enjoying dinnertime!
Check out the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans on Prepear today!