Back to school time is fast approaching! While growing up we always had a fun breakfast on that first day back to school. It helped calm our nerves and make the special day so exciting. A few years ago our mom started making these delicious Cinnamon Breakfast Bites. They actually have cereal in them – crushed rice krispies! The crunchy sugar and cinnamon coating with a soft middle make them the perfect breakfast. These breakfast bites taste a lot like a cinnamon sugar doughnut hole, but so much healthier since they are baked! And just a little secret…..they are sooooo good served warm right out of the oven! We love them with a big glass of milk and some fruit!
Cinnamon Breakfast Bites Recipe
- 1⅓ cups flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies Cereal coarsely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter flavored shortening
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, crushed cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Then cut in the shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk just until moistened. (The mixture is kind of dry, but if it's way too dry add an extra 1 teaspoon of milk so it's all barely moistened.)
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and 2/3 cup sugar.
- Dip each ball into butter, then roll into cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer in an 8 x 8 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 420 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Makes 2 dozen breakfast bites.
- Mixing Bowl
- small bowl
- 8x8-inch baking pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Check out the NEW Six Sisters’ Cookbook!
With over 150 recipes, we have put together 52 menu plans to make meal time a lot easier.
You can order our book HERE on Amazon!