I love breakfast. It’s my favorite meal of the day!
I also love easy recipes that I can prep ahead of time and enjoy all week long.
These pancakes are one of my go-to recipes for quick and healthy breakfasts – I make a huge batch of them at the beginning of the week and then stick them in the freezer. My family and I just pull out what we need each morning for a quick breakfast that is ready in seconds!
I actually love pancakes as a snack or even for lunch and dinner! Be sure to check out our other favorite pancake recipes: Banana Oat Pancakes, Macadamia Nut Pancakes, Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Homemade Fresh Blueberry Pancakes, and German Pancakes.
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Protein Pancakes:
- Dark Chocolate Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes
- chocolate protein powder (I used Body Fortress Whey Protein)
- skim milk
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
How to make Chocolate Protein Pancakes:
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. Add more milk if your mixture is too thick (but try not to overstir).
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a hot griddle (I have my griddle set at 350 degrees or cook them on a skillet on the stove top over medium heat). This is my favorite griddle to use for pancakes!
- Flip once during cooking, after a minute or two.
- Serve topped with your favorite pancake toppings.
Toppings for these pancakes:
- nut butter or peanut butter
- low calorie syrup
- homemade jam
What are Kodiak Cakes?
The first key ingredient in this recipe is Kodiak Cakes. Have you heard of Kodiak Cakes? It’s a pancake mix that is made with 100% whole grains, packed with fiber, and loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
This post isn’t sponsored, I just really love their products and feel good about feeding it to my family.
The best part about this pancake mix is the ingredient list – I can pronounce every ingredient on that label!
Did I mention that their pancake mixes are also loaded with PROTEIN?!
I have not made this recipe without Kodiak cakes, but I think that any pancake mix will work. Bonus if it has protein in it!
Related Recipe: If you love this recipe, try our Homemade Blueberry Protein Pancakes! Each pancake is only 108 calories and has 9 grams of protein! Get the recipe HERE!
Our newest cookbooK!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
More breakfast recipes you will love:
- Overnight Apple French Toast
- Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- Easy Tropical Smoothie
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese Melt
- Instant Pot Oatmeal