Serves: 12 rolls
Homemade Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Delicious homemade cinnamon rolls with apple filling.
- 1 (.25 ounce) packet yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup milk warm
- 1 egg
- ½ (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding dry
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1½ cups apples chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Proof yeast by placing in warm water in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place melted butter, milk, and egg into bowl of mixer fitted with paddle or dough hook attachment. Mix well.
- After the yeast has started to bubble, add to the milk mixture. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add all of the dry ingredients, and mix until smooth and dough no longer sticks to sides of bowl. You may need to add a little more flour.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together filling ingredients, set aside.
- When dough is ready, roll out onto floured surface into 24×10-inch rectangle.
- Spread filling ingredients on top of rolled out dough.
- Roll up dough into a long log shape.
- Cut dough into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place on a greased 9x13-inch baking pan, let rise until doubled, or about 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until light golden color.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- While rolls are cooling, Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting onto rolls while still warm.
Calories: 671 kcal · Carbohydrates: 91 g · Protein: 8 g · Fat: 32 g · Saturated Fat: 19 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 97 mg · Sodium: 466 mg · Potassium: 199 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 55 g · Vitamin A: 1008 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 134 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Questions & Reviews