what could i serve with this recipe?
By the time I am finished making the main dish, I am almost exhausted. I don’t even want to have to think about side dishes. However, we do have a few simple recommendations for you.
They would taste amazing with this chicken, and pair perfectly. Here is what we recommend:
–Lemon Zoodles: You could serve these as a side dish, or even serve the chicken over it. They would both be delicious.
–Easy Southwest Salad: This is one of my favorite salads, because it’s easy to throw together and has so much delicious flavor to it.
-Creamed Corn: Our Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is a dinner staple. It goes with just about anything.
what could i make with the leftovers?
If you are like me, you have to be tricky with leftovers, because the kids will know that it’s leftovers and won’t eat them.
Am I the only one with this problem? If you do have leftovers (which you might not because it’s so yummy) here are a few ideas, on what you could make with this:
-Serve Over Salad
-Serve as Tacos
-Put in Soup (It would be delicious in our White Chicken Chili)
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
looking for another healthy dish you could meal prep? watch here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
This Chicken and Black Bean Casserole is great for meal prepping, but you might also want to check out our channel for other meal prep ideas.
I love meal prepping and these Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Bowls, make the perfect meal. They save well, and taste amazing. You will love how simple and delicious these are.
looking for more healthy recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Chicken and Black Bean Casserole Recipe
- ⅔ cup brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth Can also use chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ diced onion
- 2 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 (15oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (4oz) can green chilies drained
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese Monterey Jack or Swiss would work too
- Mix the rice and vegetable broth in a pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large 9×13? casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in the zucchini, chicken, and mushrooms. Season with cumin, salt, and ground cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until zucchini is lightly browned and chicken is heated through.
- In large bowl, mix the cooked rice, onion, zucchini, chicken, mushrooms, beans, chiles, and 1/2 the cheese. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover casserole loosely with foil, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- This would also make a great vegetarian dish- just omit the chicken!
- 9x13" Baking Dish