I am a garlic lover, I even double the amount of garlic in some recipes, that is how much I love it. And then add in parmesan cheese on top?! What is not to like, plus it is all made in the Instant Pot so it even cuts out all of the extra dishes too!
Since you are using spaghetti squash, that also makes this a super healthy but you don’t have to compromise on flavor! Even my kids love this! I don’t even think they know they are eating the spaghetti squash.
You can make this meal even better by making some of our fantastic side dishes along with it. To name a few, if you want even more garlic and parmesan (who doesn’t?!) take a look at our garlic parmesan roasted brussels sprouts, or our cheesy zucchini sticks, or keep things super simple yet full of flavor, try our easy broiled asparagus as a side dish. You could even make this fantastic honey glazed carrots Instant Pot side dish too!
Related Recipe: Be sure to try our delicious easy Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe. It’s bursting with flavor!
Everything you will need for this easy beginner Instant Pot recipe:
Ingredients for Instant Pot spaghetti squash:
- Spaghetti squash (roughly 3 pounds)
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Grated parmesan cheese
PRO TIP: If you are like me and hate mincing up fresh garlic and end up buying the jar to make it easier, take a look at THIS article from WONDERHOWTO. It gives you a great option to make mincing garlic much easier!
You’ll also need these for this healthy Instant Pot recipe:
Quick and easy dinners!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
How to make Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash:
To start, get out your Instant Pot and pour in a cup of water in the bottom of the inner pot. After the water has been added, place the steamer rack or trivet in the bottom of the pot.
Next, slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and then scoop out the seeds from the center. After that is done, place the spaghetti squash on top of the steamer rack. (They can overlap a bit, that is okay.)
Once the spaghetti squash is in place, put the lid on and lock it. Then, be sure that the valve is turned to the “SEALING” position. Now, press the “MANUAL” or “PRESSURE COOK” or “HIGH PRESSURE” button (it will vary based on your model) and set the timer for 7 minutes.
When the timer is done, do a quick release by turning the valve to the “VENTING” position to let the pressure out. After all of the pressure has released, remove the lid and take the squash out of the Instant Pot. Using the tines of the fork, scrape all of the strands from the sides of the squash.
Using an oven mitt, take the steamer rack out and pour out the excess water from the pot. Then return the pot and press the “SAUTE” button.
Next, add in the olive oil and minced garlic to the Instant Pot and stir until the garlic becomes fragrant. Then add in the strands of spaghetti squash and parmesan cheese. Stir everything together until the squash is heated and cheese is melted.
Now simply remove the garlic parmesan spaghetti from the Instant Pot and garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately!
What to serve with Spaghetti Squash
Wondering what pairs well with spaghetti squash? We love it as a side dish, but it’s really good topped with spaghetti sauce or Alfredo sauce. We also love to serve it with grilled meats, too! Try it with our Grilled Lemon Chicken and you won’t be disappointed.
Amazing side dishes to add to any meal:
- EASY PARMESAN KNOTS RECIPE
- EASY HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD RECIPE
- HOMEMADE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITHOUT CONDENSED SOUP
- 3 INGREDIENT AVOCADO SALAD
- BEST ITALIAN ROASTED VEGETABLES
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 spaghetti squash about 3 pounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- parsley for topping
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot and place the steamer rack on top.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and scoop the seeds out of the center. Place the spaghetti squash on top of the steamer rack.
- Replace the lid on the instant pot and turn valve to SEALING. Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK on HIGH PRESSURE and set timer for 7 minutes.
- When the timer is finished, turn the valve to VENTING to quick release the pressure. Squash should be tender, but not mushy.
- Remove the squash from the instant pot. Use the tines of the fork to separate the cooked strands from the hard shell.
- Remove the excess water from the instant pot insert and press the SAUTE button. Add oil and garlic to the instant pot and stir until fragrant. Add strands of spaghetti squash back to the pot, along with parmesan cheese. Stir until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from instant pot and garnish with parsley.
- Instant Pot
- Steamer Rack
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.