This Turkey Corn Chowder is the perfect way to put all that extra turkey to use!
After the big Thanksgiving dinner, our mom usually splits up all the remaining turkey and sends us each home with a couple pounds and I love finding different recipes to use it in.
This recipe is so simple to throw together and is ready in a matter of minutes. Even if you don’t have turkey on hand, chicken works perfectly.
This recipe is quick, delicious, healthy, and one that my kids absolutely love.
I am a lover of all soups, chilis and chowders, but this Chowder is by far my favorite!
Plus, all that Thanksgiving turkey isn’t going to waste!
What potatoes work best for this Turkey Corn Chowder Recipe?
For this Turkey Corn Chowder recipe, I used Russet Potatoes, because I had some leftover from Thanksgiving.
You could easily use mini red potatoes, yellow potatoes, or really any potato.
I have never tried this Turkey Corn Chowder recipe using sweet potatoes, but I think those would taste scrumptious in this.
If you try sweet potatoes, let us know in our comments below, how it was.
Any potato would work great in this Turkey Corn Chowder Recipe!
Looking for more soup recipes?Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of recipes, that your family is going to love.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will like it. All our meals are time and budget friendly, because just like you, we are busy.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
LOOKING FOR MORE TURKEY LEFTOVER RECIPES:
Turkey Corn Chowder Recipe
- 4 Russet potatoes diced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 2 cups half and half
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 15 ounce can corn do not drain
- 4 cups cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Place diced potatoes in a large stock pot.
- Add enough water to the pot so that the tops of the potatoes are covered.
- Turn the heat on high and bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook the potatoes in gently boiling water until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Using the same large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat and then add onions and garlic, saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, including cooked potatoes, in the pot and let simmer over medium heat until fully cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cutting Board
- Stock Pot
- Large Wooden Mixing Spoon
If you made our Turkey Corn Chowder recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.