I am that person that just loves breakfast food at any time of the day. So when I tried out this Instant Pot family recipe, I fell in LOVE.
The saltiness of the ham balances so well with the creaminess of the cheddar cheese and eggs. This is probably one of my favorite things to make in my Instant Pot these days.
This is also a great meal that you can bring along to a brunch or pot luck! For me, it is always fun to think outside of the normal dishes that people bring to those types of get-togethers.
Some of my other favorite casseroles to make is our million dollar casserole, everyone LOVES it and always asks for the recipe. Other great ones are our hashbrown and egg breakfast casserole and ground beef and bean taco casserole.
Our most popular Instant Pot recipe: Instant Pot Loaded Taco Soup! It’s so good.
What all will you need to make this easy breakfast Instant Pot recipe?
Instant Pot recipes ingredients:
- Red potatoes
- Cooked and chopped ham
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What tools will you need to make this Instant Pot breakfast casserole?
- Instant Pot (of course)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Round pan insert
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Steam rack or trivet (the Instant Pot comes with a trivet)
- Gloves or mitts (like THESE ones)
For this recipe, you will need some type of insert. THIS is the one that we recommend for this recipe (it’s also super inexpensive!).
The mitts for the Instant Pot aren’t necessarily a need but they are VERY helpful when pulling the trivet or inserted pan out of the Instant Pot since the pot itself will still be very hot. You can also find them in fun accessory packs for the Instant Pot too.
Easy family meals with 6 ingredients or less!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Begin cooking your easy Instant Pot breakfast:
First, you are going to take the pan (like THIS one) you will be inserting into the Instant Pot pot, and you need to spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Then you are going to crack the 10 eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add in the milk. Whisk it all together into all of the yokes have been broken.
Next, add in the diced potatoes, ham, diced onions, cheese, salt, and pepper with the eggs. Mix it all together until everything is coated in the egg mixture.
Once everything is combined, pour the egg mixture into the greased pan insert and cover it with aluminum foil. Be sure that the foil is on well to avoid extra moister to get in with the eggs.
Now, place the trivet (or steam rack) at the bottom of the Instant Pot and add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the foil covered pan on top of the trivet.
Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and turn it to its locked position and make sure the knob is in the “SEALING” position. Once that is set, push the “MANUAL” button and set the timer for 25 minutes and it is ready to go!
After the Instant Pot’s timer runs out, you will need to do a quick release and turn the knob to the “VENTING” position.
Once the pin drops to let you know that the pressure is gone, turn the lid and lift the pan out of the Instant Pot using the mitts and the trivet handles.
Then, simply uncover the pan and serve it with all of your favorite toppings!
Some things you might serve as toppings:
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced tomatoes
- Hot sauce
If you like fresh salsa, take a look at this amazing recipe from the House of Yumm for their easy homemade salsa recipe!
TIPS AND TRICKS TO CONSIDER:
- If you love peppers, feel free to chops up some green and red bell peppers and add them to this dish.
- You can substitute the ham for cooked and crumbled bacon, cooked and crumbled sausage, or even just leave the meat out all together.
- If you love cheese, feel free to add in some Swiss cheese or Colby jack to this dish – they taste amazing!
- If you want to peel the potatoes, feel free, but it’s not necessary (in fact, I prefer to leave the skins on).
- Make sure you DICE the potatoes not just chop them. They will need to be a bit smaller to make sure they are not raw once the eggs are done cooking.
More Instant Pot breakfast recipes? YES PLEASE!
Kristen shares new recipes for the Instant Pot on our YouTube channel at least once a week! She goes through exactly how to make each recipe for you to watch at home.
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes to try, be sure to watch how to make 3 more amazing Instant Pot breakfast that even beginners can do!
Breakfast meals for any time of day!
- BRUNCH ENCHILADAS
- BREAKFAST TACOS
- EGG WHITE BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- BREAKFAST GRILLED CHEESE MELT
- BANANA OAT PANCAKES
- HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Instant Pot Ham and Egg Casserole Recipe
- 4 medium red potatoes
- ½ onion diced
- 1 cup ham chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used skim- but any kind will work)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Spray the insert of an Instant pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the eggs and milk into the insert and whisk until well blended. Place the potatoes, ham, onions, cheese, and salt and pepper in with the eggs and mix until everything is covered with the egg mixture. Then cover the bowl with aluminum foil.
- Place your steam rack or trivet into the bottom of your Instant Pot and add 2 cups of water. Put your foil covered insert on top of the steam rack.
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot and push manual. Schedule the timer for 25 minutes and you are good to go!
- When the timer is done, do a quick release and remove the lid as soon as the pressure is gone.
- Serve with your favorite toppings for breakfast casseroles. We love to use salsa, avocado, shredded cheese, sliced tomatoes, and salt and pepper!
- Instant Pot
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.