Our mom used to make this Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole growing up when we would have breakfast for dinner.
I came across the recipe a few weeks ago, and it brought back SO MANY MEMORIES! It is so easy to throw together the morning of, let it sit in the fridge all day, and throw it into the oven right before dinner.
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole:
- 16 slices bread (cubed and divided)
- 1 (16 ounce) package cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- pinch pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes (crushed)
- 3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
How to make Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole:
The recipe just has a few easy steps – starting with cubed day-old bread slices with the crusts removed.
Top it with cubed ham, sliced cheddar cheese, and swiss cheese.
Add another layer of cubed bread.
Mix together eggs, milk, and a handful of spices and then pour it over top the bread, ham, and cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 8 hours (or overnight if you’re making it in the morning!). Seriously easy, right?!
But the end result is a delicious, cheesy casserole that will warm you up from the inside out!