I firmly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don’t understand how people don’t eat it.
I wake up and literally think to myself, before I am fully awake, “What should I eat for breakfast?”.
I am a foodie through and through, and breakfast is what fuels me throughout the day. Those people who intermittent fast, good for you, but that is not the life style for me. Mama needs her breakfast, and she needs it quick.
I love a good grilled cheese sandwich, but add all the breakfast fixings to it, and I am a goner. We actually made these Breakfast Grilled Cheese Melts for dinner, and they were amazing.
I of course had the leftovers for breakfast the next day, as did my husband, who is usually not a big breakfast person. That tells you how delicious they are.
what other meat would be good in these?
Have you seen the Office episode where Michael Scott burns his foot on the George Foreman Grill, because he likes to wake up to the smell of crackling bacon?
I feel him. Because there is no better breakfast meat out there.
However, if you are looking to switch it up, here are a few other meats that would taste delicious on this grilled cheese melt:
- ground turkey
- turkey sausage
- beef sausage
- pork sausage
- turkey bacon
- Canadian bacon
You could also make it without meat, but my husband has converted me to be a carnivore at every meal. I love the meats.
how to make the perfect Grilled Cheese Breakfast Melt:
- Step 1: It all starts with the bread. We get it. Wheat bread is more healthy, but sometimes you just have to enjoy your life, and indulge in some enriched flour. I used a sour dough bread, I purchased at the store bakery. It was amazing with this recipe.
- Step 2: Add your sauce. I used this Chipotle Aioli Mayo from Kraft, and was not disappointed. It tasted amazing with this sandwich.
- Step 3: Add your cheese. I used both Provolone and Pepper Jack cheese for my melt. I like a little bit of spice, but not too much, because my tastebuds are babies a little bit.
- Step 4: Add your toppings. I added my bacon, eggs, peppers, and any other favorite toppings you might want to include. You can fill your sandwich with whatever breakfast toppings and favorites you have, but these are mine.
- I also topped it off with a little salt and pepper for extra flavor.
- Step 5: Add our sandwich top, with cheese, and press into the sandwich. Grill for about 2-3 minutes on low, each side (I used a sprayed griddle), or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the heat, cut in a triangle, and enjoy with a fresh cup of orange juice and your favorite fruit.
watch how to make another yummy breakfast recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Frozen Breakfast Burritos are so easy to throw together and taste absolutely amazing. They only require a few simple ingredients, and are great for busy mornings. Watch how easy they are to make, here:
looking for more breakfast recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!