How to make our Blackberry Danish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Set aside.
- Open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving crescents all together in one large rectangle. On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the crescent roll rectangle. The dough should be almost the entire length of a half sheet pan. (If you’re not using a crescent roll sheet, be sure to press edges together to even out edges and seal any holes.)
- Cut 1/2 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough. Carefully spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough to be about 2-3 inches wide. Top with fresh blackberries or blackberry pie filling (in this one, we did both and it was delicious!).
- Fold 1/2 inch dough pieces up over filling alternating sides to get a braided pattern. You may have excess dough once you reach the end of the danish, so fold them in as best as you can.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until filling is set and crescent dough is golden in color. Cool before removing from baking sheet.
Once danish has cooled, remove to a serving platter. And make the icing (optional) for topping.
How to make the icing
This icing just needs 3 ingredients: powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream.
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and cream to create your icing. Depending on how thick or thin you want your icing to be, you may need to add more or less cream. Finish off your danish by drizzling the icing over top before serving.
Our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Want to make a handheld version?
We think the blackberries in this recipe are delicious, but you could easily make any flavor you’d like. Here are some of our favorites:
- Apples and cinnamon
- Just the cream cheese filling with almond slices on top
- Raspberry filling with a thin layer of Nutella added inside, too
More Pastry Recipes
If you love this danish, you’ll love these recipes, too:
- Puff Pastry Donuts
- Mini Cream Cheese Fruit Danishes
- Blueberry Peach Breakfast Pastry
- Cherry Turnovers
- Apple Hand Pies
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Did you know we have a youtube channel?
If you love this danish, you’ll love these easy breakfast cinnamon sticks, too: