Our Instant Pot creamy tortellini soup is so good that it will send your taste buds soaring. And with the Instant Pot, it helps build up those Italian flavors in no time!
If you love tortellini then you are going to love this easy soup recipe. For this tortellini Instant Pot recipe, you will have everything put together in a matter of a few minutes. This is going to become a favorite family dinner recipe in your house.
Sometimes healthy Instant Pot recipes are hard to come by. But, with this recipe, you will have all of the wonderful flavors and are still eating a healthy meal.
Make up some of our Copycat Little Caesars Crazy Bread, which is perfect for dipping in your creamy soup. If you need more soup recipes to try, be sure to take a look at our Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe or our Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup Recipe. Both are great family dinner recipes.
Related Recipe: Try our Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Tortellini!
Ingredients Needed For Our Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini Soup:
- Olive oil
- Diced yellow onion
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Minced garlic
- Dried basil
- Tomato paste
- Chicken broth
- Petite diced tomatoes
- Frozen cheese tortellini (fresh tortellini will work too!)
- Half and half
- Parmesan cheese
How To Make Our Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini Soup:
Get your Instant Pot and turn on the SAUTE function and add in some olive oil.
Once the inner pan is hot, add in the diced onion and bite-sized chicken breasts and stir it for a couple of minutes.
Then, add in the minced garlic with the chicken.
Continue to stir all of that until the onions become translucent and fragrant and the chicken begins to cook.
Now, add in the dried basil, tomato paste, chicken broth, petite diced tomatoes (with the juice), cheese tortellini, salt, and pepper.
After that is all in there, give it a good stir to combine everything, and then put the lid on the Instant Pot.
Make sure that the valve is in the SEALING position.
Once that is done, and the Instant Pot is sealed, press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 15 minutes.
After the timer runs out, turn the knob to the VENTING position and let the pressure release from the Instant Pot.
Then, add in the fresh spinach (or kale if you prefer), parmesan cheese, and warm half and half and stir it all together.
Now turn on the SAUTE function to heat everything through and then you just have to serve and enjoy!
To Make This Tortellini Instant Pot Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Soup bowls
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Soups, Chilis, and Stew recipes!
Related Recipe: Try our simple and delicious Tomato Tortellini Soup!
Don’t Skip the Greens in this Creamy Tortellini Soup!
While it can be tempting to skip putting in the spinach, you really should think about keeping it in this recipe. Especially since the leaves won’t be crunchy so you will barely know they are in there.
If you need some extra convincing, take a look at the article Vegetarian Times did on Raw vs. Cooked Spinach and you will see why you should keep the spinach in this creamy soup recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today! INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Keep the Dinner Easy With These Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheesy Butternut Squash Tortellini Soup
Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 29 ounces petite diced tomatoes with juices 2 (14.5 oz) cans
- 4 cups frozen cheese tortellini ( or you can use fresh )
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups packed spinach ( you can use Kale if you prefer )
- 1 cup half and half cream warmed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Push the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot.
- Heat the oil in the bottom of the pot. Add in the diced onion and chicken and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the garlic and stir until the onions are translucent and the chicken starts to cook.
- Now, add in the dried basil, tomato paste, chicken broth, petite diced tomatoes (with the juice), cheese tortellini, salt, and pepper.
- Give a quick stir. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to SEALING.
- Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer to 15 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps let out the pressure by gently moving the valve to VENTING.
- Stir in the spinach, Parmesan cheese, and half and half.
- Turn the IP to saute to heat everything through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
- Don’t Skip the Green. While it can be tempting to skip putting in the spinach, you really should think about keeping it in this recipe. Especially since the leaves won’t be crunchy so you will barely know they are in there.
- Instant Pot
- Soup Bowls
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.