Some of the tastiest things come from the south and this Instant Pot Mississippi chicken sandwich recipe is simply delectable. I don’t know exactly why it’s Mississippi chicken, but the flavor makes the name fit!
You will fall in love with this dump and go Instant Pot recipe. You can make it as an easy family dinner on those super busy nights, or if you just need a new favorite chicken recipe, this recipe is for you!
My family and I always enjoy these Instant Pot sandwiches, I really like to make them up during the week and even have the leftovers during the weekend. It is perfect, I get two easy meals out of one, and no one complains because they absolutely enjoy these sandwiches.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches Recipe:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Pepperoncini juices
- Dry ranch seasoning mix
- Chicken gravy mix
- Whole pepperoncini pepper
- Slice provolone cheese
- Lettuce slices
How To Make Our Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches Recipe:
Begin by placing the chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Then pour the chicken broth and pepperoncini juice over top of the chicken breasts.
Now sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning mix and dry gravy mix on top of the chicken.
Once all of that is in the Instant Pot, place the pepper on and around the chicken breasts and then put the butter on top.
Now place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position and press the PRESSURE COOk or MANUAL button and set the timer for 20 minutes.
After the timer is done, do a quick release of the pressure.
Then carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred the chicken with either forks or a mixer.
When the chicken is shredded return it to the Instant Pot and mix it back into the liquid.
Now just serve it up on hamburger buns with a slice of provolone cheese and lettuce.
To make the cheese extra melty, place the sandwich in the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
To Make This Easy Dump and Go Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot
- Forks or mixer (THIS is one of my favorite hand mixers)
Have You Worked With Garlic Often?
This recipe calls for chicken gravy mix and it is an essential part of creating the perfect flavor. So if you happen to not have any you don’t want to just leave it out, I promise.
If you need to make some in a pinch, take a look at Creative Home Making’s recipe on how to make chicken gravy mix. And then use it in replace of the chicken gravy mix packet in this Instant Pot recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Check Out These Stand Out Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Creamy Fiesta Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chili Recipe
- The BEST Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe (Freezer Meal)
- Instant Pot Panera Copycat White Cheesy Shells Recipe
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup pepperoncini juice (from the jar of pepperoncini's)
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 1 ounce chicken gravy mix (1 packet)
- 8 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 2 Tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices provolone cheese (optional topping)
- lettuce slices (optional topping)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth and pepperoncini juice.
- Sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning mix and the dry chicken gravy mix on top of the chicken.
- Add the peppers (put on top and around the chicken) and butter on top of the chicken.
- Put lid on the pot and put the valve on SEALING (not venting).
- Press the PRESSURE COOK (or MANUAL) button and set timer for 20 minutes.
- When the timer is finished, do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred using 2 forks, and add chicken back to liquid in pot.
- Top each hamburger bun with shredded chicken, a slice of provolone cheese, and lettuce.
- If desired, you could preheat broiler in your oven and broil sandwiches to melt the cheese and toast the buns.
- Instant Pot
- Forks or Mixer (to shred the chicken)
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.