This Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara recipe is so simple and delicious. It is also a fairly healthy recipe. I used milk instead of cream, to save on calories. You could easily switch this out, but it tasted delicious.
I also love the thin spaghetti noodles. You could use any noodle or pasta for this recipe, but I love how easily they spin around your fork.
If you have never cooked shrimp before, be sure to read over our tips for cooking the best, most juicy shrimp.
We also have a few tips on saving time, if you are in a rush. Read those below as well.
How to properly cook shrimp
Shrimp can be tricky. Here are a few things you should know.
-If you buy frozen shrimp, don’t run them under hot water. Shrimp cook easily, and this could lead to them drying out when you cook them. Run them under cold water, or it’s best to let them thaw in the fridge.
-When cooking shrimp, pay attention to their color and shape. Shrimp should be in the shape of a “C”, The ends should not ever touch.
Some people cook the until they are “o’s” or close to it, but if this is the case, your shrimp is overcooked.
-Your shrimp will also turn into an orange pink when it is cooked. Don’t remove it from the heat, if there is still any traces of gray.
-If your shrimps are pink and shaped like a “c” they will be juicy, and pop in your mouth. You are going to love them.
Add your own flavor to it
If you feel like you want to spice of your Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara, don’t be afraid to add a little flavor to it.
My husband loves when I add a little ranch seasoning mix to it.
I love adding some sun dried tomatoes, or some more vegetables like asparagus, or zucchini.
I also love using zucchini noodles instead of angel hair pasta, just for a carb-friendly and delicious dish.
looking for a delicious shrimp recipe?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious dinner recipes, your family is going to love.
looking for more pasta recipes?
- Pesto Chicken Casserole
- Skinny Chicken Alfredo
- Grandma’s Delicious Goulash
- One Pot Chicken Cheesy Alfredo
- Bacon Mac n Cheese
- Sun Dried Tomato Fettuccini
Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara Reicpe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ yellow onion minced
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 pounds small shrimp
- 2 pounds chicken cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1½ cups 2% milk any will work
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups angel hair pasta cooked (enough servings for 6 people)
- Place large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add your olive oil, garlic, onion, white vinegar, and shrimp. Spread around until shrimp are pink and in the shape of a perfect "c".
- Once the onions become a little more clear, and the shrimp is pink, add the cooked chicken pieces.
- Add the milk and spinach. Stir until all is well combined.
- Add the four to thicken, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, Mix until well combined and the cheese begins to melt, and stretch.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the Italian Seasoning, black pepper and garlic salt.
- Serve over angel hair pasta, or any of your favorite pasta.
- If you feel like you want to spice of your Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara, don’t be afraid to add a little flavor to it.
- My husband loves when I add a little ranch seasoning mix to it.
- I love adding some sun dried tomatoes, or some more vegetables like asparagus, or zucchini.
- I also love using zucchini noodles instead of angel hair pasta, just for a carb-friendly and delicious dish.
- Large Saucepan
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!