Instant Pot ground turkey taco chili recipe is one of those great and easy Instant Pot recipes that you will make over and over again.
While this is a ground turkey recipe, which makes this a healthier recipe, you can always change the turkey out for your favorite protein instead. But we love it with the ground turkey!
Since this is a soup recipe in the Instant Pot, you can skip the extra simmering that you would normally have to do to get that wonderful flavor.
Plus our chili recipe is packed with protein to make it a nice hearty family dinner recipe.
This recipe goes so well with our Copycat Famous Dave’s Cornbread Muffins recipe, Easy Homemade French Bread recipe, or our Homemade Bread Bowls. All are perfect for dipping!
Ingredients Needed For Our Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe:
- Lean ground turkey
- Diced yellow onion
- Minced garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Ranch dressing mix
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced green chilies
- Black beans
- Refried beans
- Shredded Mexican cheese
How To Make Our Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe:
Turn the Instant Pot onto SAUTE.
Once the pan reads HOT add in the ground turkey and diced onion.
Let that cook for about 5 minutes or until the turkey is no longer pink. Then add in the minced garlic, ranch seasoning packet, chicken broth, tomatoes, green chilies, drained and rinsed black beans, and drained corn.
Once all of that is in there, mix it all up together well.
Then, spoon in the can of refried beans on top of everything.
After everything is in there, place the lid on the Instant Pot, turning the knob to the SEALING position, then press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 5 minutes.
When the timer has run out, let the Instant Pot do a natural release for 5 minutes, then turn the knob to the VENTING position to allow the rest of the pressure to escape.
Once all the pressure is gone, remove the lid and stir in the refried beans until everything is creamy, smooth, and well combined.
Now just dish it out into soup bowls and top it off with the Mexican cheese and enjoy!
Related Recipe: Try our classic Homemade Chili!
To Make This Easy Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Can opener
- Spatula or Ladle
- Soup bowls
If the thought of using canned refried beans freaks you out a little bit, you can always try making your own! Though, I think they are delicious even from the can, mostly because it is easy. Haha. 😉
But, if that first part describes you, then take a look at this great Homemade Refried Beans recipe from the House of Yumm!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today! INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Get The Most Out of Your Instant Pot With These Great Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe (Dump and Go)
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Gyros Recipe
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey and Rice Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot No Bean Chili with Ground Beef
Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or ground beef will work as well)
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ounce taco seasoning 1 package
- 1 ounce dry ranch salad dressing mix 1 package
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned corn drained
- 15 ounces canned refried beans
- shredded Mexican blend cheese for garnish
- Press SAUTE on Instant Pot and when it's heated up, add in ground turkey and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until ground turkey is no longer pink.
- Add in garlic, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, chicken broth, tomatoes, green chilies, black beans, and corn. Mix together.
- Add in canned refried beans one tablespoonful at a time.
- Place lid on top of Instant Pot. Turn knob to SEALING. Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set timer for 5 minutes.
- Allow pressure to do a natural release for 5 minutes, then move the valve from sealing to VENTING and do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and mix in the refried beans until creamy and smooth.
- Serve topped with shredded Mexican cheese.
- You can always make your homemade refried beans.
- Instant Pot
- Can Opener
- Spatula or Ladle
- Soup Bowls
This post was included in our EASIEST 30 Minute Meals in the Instant Pot video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.