If you liked the Instant Pot Mongolian Beef recipe that Kristen shared on our YouTube Channel, then you’ll love this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli as well. Both are great for beginners and will result in a professional dish.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli:
Turn your Instant Pot onto the Sauté mode and add the oil. When the pot is hot, add the garlic and sliced beef. Cook until browned, stirring frequently.
Next, add beef broth, soy sauce, and your sweetener. Stir until everything is dissolved and mixed well.
Turn off the Sauté mode, lock the lid into place. Turn the knob to sealing, not venting, and press the Manual or Pressure Cook button. Set the cook time for 15 minutes.
Cook your broccoli by microwaving for 3-4 minutes until tender. Or, steam on the stove-top, to desired tenderness.
When the meat is done cooking, quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Remove about ¼ cup of the liquid. In a small bowl, mix the liquid and corn starch until completely dissolved and smooth and then add it back to the Instant Pot.
Push the Sauté button and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to let it thicken. Stir frequently.
Turn off the Sauté mode. Add cooked broccoli to the pot and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately with rice.
Other Ingredient suggestions for beef and broccoli:
Choose a low-sodium soy sauce. This will help ensure the dish isn’t too salty.
Check the sodium content on the beef broth as well. You can always add salt later if needed, but you can’t help if it’s too salty to start with.
For the sweetener, you can use brown sugar or even honey.
Perfect Meal Prep dinner idea:
This is a great dish to double if you plan doing some meal prep for your lunches or dinners. Don’t worry about increasing the pressure cook time if you double the ingredients.
Another thing to consider is how much you cook your broccoli. I like to under-cook mine initially so that it is just the right tenderness when I microwave it later in the week. I don’t like mushy broccoli!
related article: We love Instant pot beef and broccoli served with our Instant Pot perfectly steamed vegetables.
What can I serve with Beef and Broccoli?
We certainly agree that this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli isn’t a stand-alone item. Here are a few things you could consider serving it with:
- White or Brown Rice – Find out how to make it perfectly in your Instant Pot here.
- Cauliflower Rice – This is a great, low-carb option. I like to get mine frozen at Costco
- Noodles – If your family prefers pasta over rice, try it with your favorite noodles.
- Spiralized Veggies – Again, a great low-carb pasta replacement.
Watch how to make Our instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Check out our Youtube Channel. We will show you how to make this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli.
Each recipe on our channel and blog is tried and true, so you know they will be tasty.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make these simple and delicious recipes, here.
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
Place meat, garlic, beef broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar (or honey) into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup beef broth or water in with the frozen food.
Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 45 minutes (or 30 minutes per pound of your meat). Do a NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done – I even like to let it sit in the Instant Pot for a few hours so that it falls apart so easily. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ pounds boneless chuck roast beef cut into cubes or strips
- 12 ounces broccoli florets 6-7 cups
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
For the Sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweetener brown sugar or honey
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- Select the Sauté mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat and add canola oil. When the pot is hot, add garlic and sliced beef. Cook for a few minutes until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add beef broth, soy sauce, and sweetener. Stir together to dissolve the sweetener. Turn off the sauté mode.
- Secure and seal the lid. Cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- While waiting for the pressure cooker, cook broccoli by microwaving for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- When the pressure cooker is done, manually release pressure by carefully turning the release knob to its venting position.
- Uncover the pressure cooker and remove about 1/4 cup of liquid. Mix it with corn starch in a small bowl until completely dissolved and smooth, and add it back to the pot.
- Turn on the Sauté mode for medium heat. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken it a bit, stirring frequently. Turn off the Sauté mode.
- Add cooked broccoli back to the pot and briefly stir to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately with a side such as cauliflower rice.
- Instant Pot
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!